• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twisted Skis?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Might be hard to see from the pictures, but my skis are twisted after three rides. One is very bad.
Things unique to the sled are durapro dampers and ice age spindles. I also run the narrow setting.
I’ll say I’m not by any means impressed with the durapro’s. They are better than stock, but NO fix. I still split them every other ride. Last ride I split both. Sheetmetalfab got me some inserts that stoped the skis from ovaling at the bolt hole. I just chalk it up to regular wear parts.
View attachment 399280View attachment 399281The twisted skis are a different story. I either have never noticed it or it’s a new thing. Does a guy heat them up or what?
I suggest watching your own videos….

It will explain your neck pain AND your twisted skis. ??

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
It’s beyond time for Polaris to address this issue. 12 years is enough.

It doesn’t matter what rubber you use. As great of a handling ski the Gripper is, (best) its ski rubber durability is a function of the Durometer of the ski and the aggressiveness of the rider. Larger, higher Durometer rubbers will just wipe out the bolt hole in the ski out quicker.

Early Grippers (2007) didn’t have this issue. I suspect there was a Durometer change in the ski around 2011 when the Pro Chassis came out. Helps with “flickability"

Like SMF, I have tried all he listed and they all fail. I have been buying 20-30 stockers at a time, keep spares in all sleds, and just change them every 2-3 rides. Stock doesn’t completely wipe (stretch) the bolt hole as bad as aftermarket rubbers. Below is stock at less than 150 miles on a sled not ridden very aggressive. I’ve been too hard headed and cheap to try another ski.

View attachment 399305

View attachment 399306
Have you not seen these?

I have been making and selling similar for a couple years.

Good to see folks got around to copying them. (Especially when they start selling them at double my price) ?

Premium Features