• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Age spindle issues

M

motoracer5

Nov 2, 2008
Anyone know of a ski rubber that works with the Ice Age elevate spindles on a gen 5 expert? As it stands they are pretty much garbage and unsafe to ride with. Had it pitch me over the bars from ski tip hooking in. 20 minutes on new rubbers. As you can see from the images the spindle makes very poor contact with the ski rubber at the back. Very poor design and they won't refund them. Too bad as I have liked other Ice Age products, but these are awful. Don't waste your money on them!!

20230112_133128.jpg 20230112_133048.jpg 20230112_121501.jpg 20230112_121428.jpg

M

motoracer5

Nov 2, 2008
The red dots in these images show how far up the ski rubber contacts the stock spindle. The Ice Age has no contact for a lot of that area.

20230112_141025.jpg 20230112_141028.jpg

M

motoracer5

Nov 2, 2008
What did Iceage say when you contacted them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That I couldn't return them because I installed them. He suggested an aftermarket rubber or to sell them. An aftermarket rubber would maybe help, but I'm sure the tip would still go down too easily because of the lack of contact. The Ice Age barely contacts the back side of the rubber. I will include another picture showing more clearly. Where the rubber mainly contacts on the oem spindle isn't even there on the Ice Age.

20230112_140934.jpg

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
That I couldn't return them because I installed them. He suggested an aftermarket rubber or to sell them. An aftermarket rubber would maybe help, but I'm sure the tip would still go down too easily because of the lack of contact. The Ice Age barely contacts the back side of the rubber. I will include another picture showing more clearly. Where the rubber mainly contacts on the oem spindle isn't even there on the Ice Age.

Wow not the response I would expect from them. For a very expensive product I would expect you would have a better fit. I would agree I don’t see how an aftermarket rubber would help. Poor design unfortunately you can’t be the only one who has ran into this issue with these spindles

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
If the spindle is a different shape or dimension where it meets the rubber, then they should supply an appropriate rubber.
If not, demand your $$ back and threaten legal action.
I hate legal threats but the aftermarket is getting stupid and at times can put lives at risk…not to mention selling crap that does not do what they claim.
It’s time they are held accountable.

M

motoracer5

Nov 2, 2008
Wow not the response I would expect from them. For a very expensive product I would expect you would have a better fit. I would agree I don’t see how an aftermarket rubber would help. Poor design unfortunately you can’t be the only one who has ran into this issue with these spindles

No, I didn't expect that either. My snow conditions are not good, they probably perform fine in dry powder with no layers to get under. But as it stands they are not even usable in the snow I have

M

motoracer5

Nov 2, 2008
If the spindle is a different shape or dimension where it meets the rubber, then they should supply an appropriate rubber.
If not, demand your $$ back and threaten legal action.
I hate legal threats but the aftermarket is getting stupid and at times can put lives at risk…not to mention selling crap that does not do what they claim.
It’s time they are held accountable.
Big f around for $1000cad. I will just show people clearly what the issue is and hope not too many people get stuck with something that is designed poorly. So hard to find unbiased user reviews on aftermarket sled parts, most everything I find is from sponsored riders that just say everything is amazing.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
No, I didn't expect that either. My snow conditions are not good, they probably perform fine in dry powder with no layers to get under. But as it stands they are not even usable in the snow I have

I don’t know man from that video you posted I don’t think they would work in any snow condition. Hope it works out for you

P
Dec 15, 2018
I agree with the poster above. Tell them solve the problem or your lawyer will be contacting them. They will. I live here where they are and you can’t stay in business not solving these kinds of problems.even try being just normal guy and send them the video and ask what they’d do ? Then if they suck go the lawyers threat lol . I hate that kinda crap . I bought something not long ago and on the box it said “ this product is not intended for use.” Wtf? Stupid…

P
Dec 15, 2018
Yeah right send me 1k bucks for fun and get f.u. that’s sad…asking a reputable company to stand behind their product is completely reasonable. There must be something a miss. They would not sell a useless product I don’t think? Never understood that stupid sad button. Seriously think a guy should get ripped off that much money?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Is that a gen 5 expert ski? Something new or different? Did you get snotty asking for money back instead of trying to figure this out? I am asking these questions because I've ran their stuff and it has been stellar. I know a few of these guys and something is off. They also did a big donation to the kincaid family. Rob was a friend of mine so that gives them the benefit of the doubt in my book.
I also love the sue, sue mentality that has grown to be in this world. Kind of like the sad button when used like some.

M

motoracer5

Nov 2, 2008
Is that a gen 5 expert ski? Something new or different? Did you get snotty asking for money back instead of trying to figure this out? I am asking these questions because I've ran their stuff and it has been stellar. I know a few of these guys and something is off. They also did a big donation to the kincaid family. Rob was a friend of mine so that gives them the benefit of the doubt in my book.
I also love the sue, sue mentality that has grown to be in this world. Kind of like the sad button when used like some.
Gen 5 expert ski. I definitely was not rude on the phone with them. I asked if I could return them, he said not if they have been mounted. Said they recommended aftermarket ski rubbers as potential fix. I didn't argue at all about not being able to return them. I have had other stuff from Ice Age and have been completely satisfied with everything else. I'm not saying Ice Age is a bad company or anything, just that this product has a major deficiency over the OEM part for my use and probably others. I think my pictures show very clearly what the issue is

M

motoracer5

Nov 2, 2008
And I'm definitely not threatening or thinking about sueing over this. Interesting that giving donations is some excuse for a poor product. If they needed more parts to work properly that would have been nice to know. You want to buy them?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
And I'm definitely not threatening or thinking about sueing over this. Interesting that giving donations is some excuse for a poor product. If they needed more parts to work properly that would have been nice to know. You want to buy them?
Definitely not accusing you of anything. Just seriously asking because, like i said, i know some guys that work there and do the testing. Something seems off.
The donation meant something to me. I understand it doesn't have to mean anything to you.
The reason i asked on ski was these were out at end of last year. New ski. Did skidoo change something?
I was going to run these on lynx but not sure because lynx spindles are different than doo. They might be close minus lift.
I would like to see you resolve this and enjoy what you paid for.

M

motoracer5

Nov 2, 2008
Definitely not accusing you of anything. Just seriously asking because, like i said, i know some guys that work there and do the testing. Something seems off.
The donation meant something to me. I understand it doesn't have to mean anything to you.
The reason i asked on ski was these were out at end of last year. New ski. Did skidoo change something?
I was going to run these on lynx but not sure because lynx spindles are different than doo. They might be close minus lift.
I would like to see you resolve this and enjoy what you paid for.
Alright, I get ya. And I do think the donation is good thing and shows integrity of the company, and everything else I have seen of theirs is high quality and well designed. Might actually try the lynx spindles on my sled. Get rid of that very forward ski mounting. Lift is nice, but honestly it's the twitchyness and bar yanking in some conditions I want to get rid of most

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I’m running the elevate spindles but with slp Mohawks. Zero issues after 700km. I believe a better ski rubber will solve your problem. The stock rubber is complete junk, I’ve had completely stock skidoos stuff skis and blow through rubbers on multiple occasions.

Premium Features