• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Age Elevate Spindles

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Ice Age recommends the skis set in the middle position. Anyone try them in the narrow position? Better/worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I have, i like them centered better, little more planted on the trail ride in, dont notice a difference off trail

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Any machine will always work better centered.
Precisely, this creates the most ideal steering action. While the most inset position will make the sled slightly more "tippy" it does create slight off center rotation causing slight increase in steering effort, as well as the sled can sometimes feel like its sort of 'falling' onto the spindle. Again. very minute details but having spent many hours doing setup and calibration work, centered provides the best overall operation in the most conditions.

Precisely, this creates the most ideal steering action. While the most inset position will make the sled slightly more "tippy" it does create slight off center rotation causing slight increase in steering effort, as well as the sled can sometimes feel like its sort of 'falling' onto the spindle. Again. very minute details but having spent many hours doing setup and calibration work, centered provides the best overall operation in the most conditions.
Are you saying when both skis are planted that it takes more steering effort, I could see that. However, I would think a narrower stance would make it easier to put the sled on edge is that true? I don't really care about steering effort on the trail ride in and prefer a sled that rolls over with little or no effort. Thanks for your feedback.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I've run the Ice Age Elevate Spindles and have gone back and forth between narrow and the middle setting on ski width........it ended up staying in the middle.

Premium Features