• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do I make my M easier to steer?

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
lmao..............well I never gave you ur Snowest handle. :behindsofa:

Hahaha. True. Girlpowder :face-icon-small-win.

A couple weekends ago and I made my steering SUPER easy! But it's really not that fun to ride with it like that.

IMG_0307.jpg

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
My wife's father have a 11' M8 162 STD and he put the adjustable post. He saying than non-adjustable post more easier to turn... We trying a multiple shock setting.. grease.. adjust parallelism... play with tie-rod... but we come a easier steering when I loose the bolt on steering support... the bolt that retain a google bag (when you have one)!

If can help you..!

T
Oct 27, 2023
Regina
I put a set of 07 spindles on my 09 HCR and it made a big difference....about a 20% increase in leverage. We have been experimenting with modifying existing spindles and have increased leverage up to approx. 30%. Difference is night and day.
Hey I know this is old LOL but how did you modify your spindles to get more leverage. I've got a 2010 crossfire and the steering leverage thing bothers me so much at low speeds. Most appreciated if you share a tip!

T
Oct 27, 2023
Regina
I put a set of 07 spindles on my 09 HCR and it made a big difference....about a 20% increase in leverage. We have been experimenting with modifying existing spindles and have increased leverage up to approx. 30%. Difference is night and day.
Hey not sure if my first post went through just wondering what your modifications were on existing spindle to get better leverage for steering. Thank you!

T
Oct 27, 2023
Regina
You don't have to "deal with it" After one installs the 07 spindles just file the stops until one has the same turning radius....it's very easy. Anyone who thinks these newer M's turn easy should try the change in spindles just to see. HCR skis and Podwer pros have deep keels and in heavy snow or moving slowly they can be very difficult to operate, not so with the older spindles or modifying existing spindles.
Hey what have you done to modify existing spindles. Thank you!!

Premium Features