• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch recall

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Well.......................... Got them to answer-and YES !!! Dyna-TEK has the bronze bushings available..... The need pressed in , they have a little testing done but not as much as they wanted due to low snow......
The come in 12mm & 10mm length so one of each goes on the roller, to make a complete full inside coverage
I ordered a few sets to try- Cant do any worse that what we have. Seem pretty cheap @ $30.00/set - SO wanted to share the love !!!
What was the lead time?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
At high temps bronze has higher tensile strength and is less prone to abrasion than brass and other alternatives.

Drawback is this tensile strength can cause shattering due to lack of malleability.

I can see why they chose bronze, but only time will tell if it will shatter or handle the heat and pressure.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
BDX has these as well.
You mean these??? http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?...=product&search_query=adapt+roller&results=54
They may work but are made of a composite material.. Something to consider if the bronze bushing end up as junk-

BDX has a note worthy concern to give our attention to ..
" **Note, when pressing these bushings into the roller, the bushing may compress and become tight, you may need to REAM the bushings out to 8mm, the correct size for the pins. If you cannot do this, we suggest sending in your rollers for us to replace the bushings for you and make sure they are sized correctly**

Last edited:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Just an fyi, country cat has the 33mm adapts on for $389 now. Might be worth picking up a spare. Wonder if the 858 still takes the same 33mm clutch.

IMG_2262.png

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Well going to run the bronze inserts this week- I had to wait for Dyna-Tek to make a drift tool for easier insertion into the rollers.
I just slicked them up a bit with marvel mystery oil and a few wacks with a hammer and went in just great... Just be sure to get the inset punch (Pictured ) for a better application. @Vern
You need to re-use you fiber washers on each end of the roller ..

IMG_9637.jpgIMG_9638.jpg

Last edited:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Well going to run the bronze inserts this week- I had to wait for Dyna-Tek to make a drift tool for easier insertion into the rollers.
I just slicked them up a bit with marvel mystery oil and a few wacks with a hammer and went in just great... Just be sure to get the inset punch (Pictured ) for a better application. @Vern
You need to re-use you fiber washers on each end of the roller ..

View attachment 416683View attachment 416684
Be interesting to see how they last. I just installed my speedwerx bushings, so I’ll run those til they’re shot.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Do these recalls only quailify for people who bought brand new with warranty. For example have a used 2019 hardcore bought used
The recall will be for the serial number regardless of the owner. If you take it to any Cat dealer they would be able to confirm if your sled is affected and if so perform the repair. I don’t think parts are available currently so just a visual inspection is needed.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Sure would be nice if the OEMs would start spending more than $80 for a primary clutch manufactured in China.
Maybe Caltric and Ebay are the ones supplying. About the same quality as the 200$ one I bought 3 yrs ago on Ebay as a try and got one ride before all rollers failed and ate the weights. At least they refunded all my money inc shipping with no questions asked. When you sell sh** you are usually well aware of it.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Sure would be nice if the OEMs would start spending more than $80 for a primary clutch manufactured in China.
Polaris is certainly paying more then $80 on my buddies 9R now that it needs 2 clutches, and a crank to be replaced after the primary went dancing and damaged everything.
If someone doesn't get hurt first maybe the warranty costs will start hitting a nerve at Polaris and justify spending more for a better clutch to start.

Premium Features