• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch recall

A

akdanno

Feb 22, 2022
Alaska
Yes, different models take different adapt clutch, price is noticeable different for some reason also. The new M6 is 720.00 as to the new Riot is 734.00 that is out of stock to the new 7000 4 stroke that is 389.00
Oh yeah of course on different engines and chassis, I just meant the 800s

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
If full shift out is the problem you would think the ZR models would be failing more ? This is a interesting issue. As far as the weight rollers those are just poor quality parts hopefully they get upgraded along with the cover. I don't have any other social media other than this so I don't see what is happening unless its posted here and then that's not a guarantee. Thanks for the info!

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Well glad I decided to put speedwerx bushings in my first set of adapt rollers for back ups. Got bored again so decided to swap them in and found this. This was the second set of rollers for this clutch and only had about 300 miles on them. First set lost a bushing completely by 600ish miles, barely caught it before it toasted a weight. So I’m on the 3rd set of roller bushings in around 900 miles. Hopefully the speedwerx bushings last longer. Also threw a bdx billet cover on about 70 miles ago so hopefully that prevents cover cracking like mentioned above.
Yeah I have tried them also along with the Bikeman roller bushings- about 400 miles and I found the speedwerx to fail also........ I am on my 3rd set of bushings and have ruined one weight.
Haven't ran across a adapt with a cracked cover yet from sleds I have clutched- Have 1,000 miles on my adapt and cover looks good so far- but I rarely get to full shift tree mountain riding ( belt all the way to the top)

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Yeah I have tried them also along with the Bikeman roller bushings- about 400 miles and I found the speedwerx to fail also........ I am on my 3rd set of bushings and have ruined one weight.
Haven't ran across a adapt with a cracked cover yet from sleds I have clutched- Have 1,000 miles on my adapt and cover looks good so far- but I rarely get to full shift tree mountain riding ( belt all the way to the top)
Well, that sucks. Guess I’ll see how long they go. I know I seen someone on Facebook was working on new rollers with bronze type bushings, maybe that’s the ticket. Think it might have been thunder products, but not sure. That or I’ll see if I can’t make something myself. My cover was still fine at 8-900ish miles when I swapped it, but I’m running stiffer springs and heavier weights than stock so I figured the billet cover can’t hurt.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
This is just for the roller bearing clutch right? not sure why it says 2017 M's. I wouldn't do that update anyways

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I wonder if early adapt clutches had some different covers and parts. My 23 mountain cat is not under the recall, and I have over 1000 miles on it with no clutch issues at all. Mine does not have that guard, either

The recall is only for the Team primary clutch, not the Adapt. Team was used up to early build 22s.

If full shift out is the problem you would think the ZR models would be failing more ? This is a interesting issue. As far as the weight rollers those are just poor quality parts hopefully they get upgraded along with the cover. I don't have any other social media other than this so I don't see what is happening unless its posted here and then that's not a guarantee. Thanks for the info!

The 2018 mountain clutches with the Team roller had a shim under the spider and some other models didn't. Different part #s for the primary clutches. By 2021 it looks like the M and ZR models have the same part number (but different from either 2018 number). All years use the same 111 belt. Might be a combination of heat and load on the mountain sleds that makes the issue more prevalent.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Im interested in the meat.
Was it smoked like a man or baked in the oven like not-a-man......?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Glad to know you're a true meat gazer. All this time I thought you were straight. Tri tip on the traeger so half baked. It was prime tho.

Last edited:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Well, that sucks. Guess I’ll see how long they go. I know I seen someone on Facebook was working on new rollers with bronze type bushings, maybe that’s the ticket. Think it might have been thunder products, but not sure. That or I’ll see if I can’t make something myself. My cover was still fine at 8-900ish miles when I swapped it, but I’m running stiffer springs and heavier weights than stock so I figured the billet cover can’t hurt.
I know that Kevin Hubbard was trying to source the bronze roller inserts back in November, but I'll have to give him another call today- He did say in our last conversation he was waiting on finding the correct material. I put a delerim washer under my cover to keep the spring from cutting into it- so I dunno- it may have helped - looked at it again yesterday, all good after I seen your reply on this post on the cover ( Gave me something to do)
My Snyper inserts are still good on the rollers, but only been 150 miles this season on them and still were in one piece I have around 1,000 miles now on my adapt/ team replacement that cracked @800 miles.

Z
Jan 26, 2011
I wonder if early adapt clutches had some different covers and parts. My 23 mountain cat is not under the recall, and I have over 1000 miles on it with no clutch issues at all. Mine does not have that guard, either

There were early build 22 model sleds that came with the Team clutch. Those are the ones being recalled. Has nothing to do with the Adapt.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I know that Kevin Hubbard was trying to source the bronze roller inserts back in November, but I'll have to give him another call today- He did say in our last conversation he was waiting on finding the correct material. I put a delerim washer under my cover to keep the spring from cutting into it- so I dunno- it may have helped - looked at it again yesterday, all good after I seen your reply on this post on the cover ( Gave me something to do)
My Snyper inserts are still good on the rollers, but only been 150 miles this season on them and still were in one piece I have around 1,000 miles now on my adapt/ team replacement that cracked @800 miles.
I just looked up the post I had seen Facebook. It looks like it’s dynatek that was working on the new rollers

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Hi torque rollers. The bees kneees

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
@Vern

I seen their (Dyna-Tek) proto type from last year but nothing new yet on the Bronze inserts- I have a call into them currently...
Yeah, I asked for updates on their Facebook page, but they haven’t responded to anyone else’s inquiries so not holding my breath. Maybe they didn’t work out. Keep us posted if you hear anything.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Yeah, I asked for updates on their Facebook page, but they haven’t responded to anyone else’s inquiries so not holding my breath. Maybe they didn’t work out. Keep us posted if you hear anything.
Well.......................... Got them to answer-and YES !!! Dyna-TEK has the bronze bushings available..... The need pressed in , they have a little testing done but not as much as they wanted due to low snow......
The come in 12mm & 10mm length so one of each goes on the roller, to make a complete full inside coverage
I ordered a few sets to try- Cant do any worse that what we have. Seem pretty cheap @ $30.00/set - SO wanted to share the love !!!

Premium Features