• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 brake recall update?

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
So my sled needs a bunch of recalls done(23 khaos boost), and im hesitant to have them perform the brake recall/reflash they have for it. I just rode 5 days and never got the derate once. Id assume this is an updated on top of the original recall/stop ride for 23's correct?

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
So my sled needs a bunch of recalls done(23 khaos boost), and im hesitant to have them perform the brake recall/reflash they have for it. I just rode 5 days and never got the derate once. Id assume this is an updated on top of the original recall/stop ride for 23's correct?
I believe the derate was all the recall was. Mine had it done and it's been fine. I've had the warning pop up one time, and I'm pretty sure it was from ice buildup causing the switch to stay depressed, because I wasn't even using the brake when it happened.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
The brake recall that detunes the sled is downright dangerous in steep trees and in high consequence areas. I’d argue its worse than the actual reason the recall was initiated in the first place.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
The brake recall that detunes the sled is downright dangerous in steep trees and in high consequence areas. I’d argue its worse than the actual reason the recall was initiated in the first place.
100%, my sled has a list of 5 or 6 recalls on it that are getting done next week. It was my understanding that none of the 23's went out without getting the derate recall done correct? Which is why im wondering what the other brake recall might be. If it helps correct this, i might let them do the flash. Otherwise, im not sure i want them to do it.

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
Just undo the brake sensor plug on the handlebar and no more brake warning or limp mode. Yes, you will lose your brake light doing this.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

J
The recall is S-22-10 all it does is reprogram the sled to go into "limp mode" if brake and throttle are pushed at the same time. My 2023 Boost break caught on fire with 112 miles on it and Polaris denied the warranty claim. ~$8k in damage. This is a HUGE problem!!

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
The recall is S-22-10 all it does is reprogram the sled to go into "limp mode" if brake and throttle are pushed at the same time. My 2023 Boost break caught on fire with 112 miles on it and Polaris denied the warranty claim. ~$8k in damage. This is a HUGE problem!!
OK, someone that actually had this happen. I need more detail. What actually started the fire? Did you hold the brake?

J
OK, someone that actually had this happen. I need more detail. What actually started the fire? Did you hold the brake?
No, I did not hold the break. I was just on the trail ride back at Rabbit Ears and screen flashed bright red “max detonation reached” engine shut off and flames were coming out from the hood. Looks like breaks super heated and lit the drive belt on fire. There is clearly an unidentified failure mode that is causing the breaks to slowly depress/lock up and Polaris is trying to blame riders. If you even tap the break while on the throttle the screen starts flashing red to release break.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
That's crazy!! Thanks for explaining. I think you're right that there's more to it. Did Polaris explain why the denial?

J
No they’re saying as little as possible. I think they’re having so many problems they’re just in full defense mode. They probably don’t even have adequate quality/engineering resources to appropriately mange all of the challenges they are facing.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Rode heavy slush snow today. I fought the derate many times. A few times in unfavorable situations. When attempting to set the track, to turn another direction quickly, a couple times climbing while splitting between tight trees and large tree wells where skiis are in the air. Once going down a steep hill and I was getting the clutch to engage while pumping the brakes.
I havn’t had any problems with this all year in regular snow.

Time to unplug the light I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Rode heavy slush snow today. I fought the derate many times. A few times in unfavorable situations. When attempting to set the track, to turn another direction quickly, a couple times climbing while splitting between tight trees and large tree wells where skiis are in the air. Once going down a steep hill and I was getting the clutch to engage while pumping the brakes.
I havn’t had any problems with this all year in regular snow.

Time to unplug the light I guess.

Don't unplug the fuse. Instead add an electronic flasher in place of the fuse. Of course put a fuse in line too. I have done this and it works perfectly. When you hold the brake your brake light flashes and the sled thinks that as you are releasing the brake long enough that the derate cannot take place. Your buddies won't run into the back of you because they didn't know you were stopping.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Don't unplug the fuse. Instead add an electronic flasher in place of the fuse. Of course put a fuse in line too. I have done this and it works perfectly. When you hold the brake your brake light flashes and the sled thinks that as you are releasing the brake long enough that the derate cannot take place. Your buddies won't run into the back of you because they didn't know you were stopping.

Nice! Good info, thanks. I will check into this.

Premium Features