• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What would it take to get you back on a Cat?

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
he wasnt really doin cat any favors with that short 2.6 twin rail. isnt that what hed been riding?
trendy tixter 146 stuff... im too old. brett turcott would also benefit from more track imo.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
That he found a better pay check?
So what?
Doesn’t really matter what he’s doing, but I assume he’s one of the few who’s seen and ridden the new Cat.

Not a great look to be bailing now, and its pretty clear that he didn’t take any sort of deal with anyone else, yet.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Another way to look at it is Caleb K might be out this season so Polaris could be trying to get him, while at the same time Cat trying to keep him with the new setup. Only he knows.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I really don’t get why anybody cares what it looks like.

He was a paid employee.

Him leaving doesn’t change how the sleds run.
Sponsored riders, drivers, whatever it may be change mid stream all the time.
Doesn’t mean anything.
It’s a business or personal decision most often.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
If you're riding a cat, and you aren't in connection with Kevin Hubbard (Hubs performance) or Eric Kay (Racin' Station) for parts and service, you need to. Even though I'm in Western Washington, they're definitely the go-to people for anything, I don't even bother with the local dealership. I've actually never really visited a dealership besides for oil. Maybe it's a millennial thing
Ok great. You recommend 2 guys to service the entire nation of Canada and the US. That's wicked. Problem is, the little things that screw your week long trip in a remote spot. To think that a least a marginal dealer network be realize is not a hard ask.... but if you want to suck in your market, dropping all your dealers is a good way to do it.

The question was, what would it take to get me back on a cat.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
Ok great. You recommend 2 guys to service the entire nation of Canada and the US. That's wicked. Problem is, the little things that screw your week long trip in a remote spot. To think that a least a marginal dealer network be realize is not a hard ask.... but if you want to suck in your market, dropping all your dealers is a good way to do it.

No need to take offense bother. I get what you're saying, but those two are great and always come through. I guess it's not the end of the world to me, is what I'm saying.

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
im with you clark id rather soak it up at the bar then walk into a price gouging dealership in a pinch, any brand, its just the market i get it but i dont need to ride THAT bad, its not like youre at disney world with 3 screaming kids, well to some maybe it is. enjoy the ride.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Where exactly is it stated those two are exclusive suppliers?

Both have pulled through for me in a pinch many times, but hardly the only options.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

Poo and Doo have good dealer networks but they never have the parts a guy needs, its unreal. Pre covid was bad, now its just sad.

A guy either needs to pack the trailer with spare parts or being willing to rent a sled for a day or two.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Poo and Doo have good dealer networks but they never have the parts a guy needs, its unreal. Pre covid was bad, now its just sad.

A guy either needs to pack the trailer with spare parts or being willing to rent a sled for a day or two.

Just in time manufacturing and inventory practices = little excess inventory. COVID showed the weaknesses in that system.

Dealers do not want to put money into inventory like parts that can sit for weeks, months, or years before selling.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT

Most people I know that are serious about sledding have a spare in the stable nowadays. Keep the old one around just in case instead of selling it. Otherwise yeah, a broken sled can end your season waiting on parts.

A
Dec 21, 2018
Another way to look at it is Caleb K might be out this season so Polaris could be trying to get him, while at the same time Cat trying to keep him with the new setup. Only he knows.
What happened to him? His riding when he was on an arctic was sick.. then i thoug those bowtie moves got a bit old, everyone was doing them on every video..

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Most people I know that are serious about sledding have a spare in the stable nowadays. Keep the old one around just in case instead of selling it. Otherwise yeah, a broken sled can end your season waiting on parts.
I totally agree. The season is too short and waiting on parts while there might be good riding out there makes a guy furious. I still have a highly capable Proclimb as a back up for this very reason.

TracSnake10

Premium Member
Mar 19, 2017
Called my local dealer here in Spokane WA this morning looking for some maintenance parts (lower steering post mount brackets) for my 18. Found out they are no longer AC dealer. Same with the next closest dealer in deer park. Sad to think my next sled probably won’t be another AC.

U
Feb 1, 2013
Called my local dealer here in Spokane WA this morning looking for some maintenance parts (lower steering post mount brackets) for my 18. Found out they are no longer AC dealer. Same with the next closest dealer in deer park. Sad to think my next sled probably won’t be another AC.
Funny I just had my 18 in for service. My lower steering post mount brackets were cracked as well. Same issue as the posts breaking? Which mine did on my second last ride of the year. My dealer Valley Moto takes real good care of everyone. I feel by far the best dealer around the Okanagan. I would probably be on a different brand if it wasn’t for dealing with them.

Premium Features