• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is your game plan?

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
The question is, is he using the X approved workouts?

I have been more focused on cutting weight then cutting up. Mostly cardios, resistance training and band work. I originally had a
target goal of 215lbs before I wanted to start hitting the free weights.

But I have a new goal of 195 to 200lbs-ish before I really attack the free weights.(which I still have a ways to go) However, I have started incorporating the X approved workouts 2 days a week for the last 2 weeks. I really need to focus more on core streangth and tighting then on arm's shoulders and upper back at this point.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I have been more focused on cutting weight then cutting up. Mostly cardios, resistance training and band work. I originally had a
target goal of 215lbs before I wanted to start hitting the free weights.

But I have a new goal of 195 to 200lbs-ish before I really attack the free weights.(which I still have a ways to go) However, I have started incorporating the X approved workouts 2 days a week for the last 2 weeks. I really need to focus more on core streangth and tighting then on arm's shoulders and upper back at this point.

You want core. Here ya go.

Decline bench, grab a partner and a 10lb at the lightest medicine ball. Have your partner stand at least 2 feet from the end of the bench if not more. (start close and work out). Hold the ball in front of your face or over your head and decline almost until you touch the bench. Proceed to situp and when almost at the top but not all the way (you should still be contracting for the situp) throw the ball you your partner, then they throw it back and down you go. Do 20 if you can. Rest then do 20 twisting at the top and return to center for the throw. Next situp twist the other way. Do 2 sets of twisting and two normal situps and I can almost promise you that 1 you will not be able to get out of bed the bext morning unless you roll onto the floor and 2 that your abs will be sick.

In addition get some arm straps or even just hang from a pull up bar and do leg raises. Either straight leg or I prefer to bend knees like you are sitting. Proceed to use your abs to curl your knees up into your chest. Straight up and also twist your legs to each side. 3 sets of 10 if you can.

Then finish up just doing situps on a swiss ball, maybe 3 of 20.

For your lower back and spinal colum (the rest of your core) find a machine that looks like this
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...sa=N&rlz=1R2ADSA_enUS428&tbm=isch&um=1&itbs=1

Bend forward and then raise yourself to the starting position using your back.

Also lay on a BOSU ball with the flat surface on the ground, balancing on the ball part with your pelvis. Then simply extend one arm outward like you are reaching over your head if you were standing and extend the opposite leg backwards as if tippy toeing to reach. Alternate sides, maybe 3 at 10-15.

Also don't discount yoga. I did that last winter and it worked my core pretty damn good. Not the big groups but the little stabilizers in the core.

Also throw in planks and side planks. Super hard but a great workout.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
I've been doing everything you mentioned except the Swiss ball and declined bench work. But mostly verious types of sit-ups, planks, carlito's push ups, leg lifts. Etc etc. I just can't get myself to do it more then once or twice a week.

I need to do it Daily or at least every other day.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I've been doing everything you mentioned except the Swiss ball and declined bench work. But mostly verious types of sit-ups, planks, carlito's push ups, leg lifts. Etc etc. I just can't get myself to do it more then once or twice a week.

I need to do it Daily or at least every other day.

Do those declines twice a week and you will be good!!! As for the rest, shoot for 3 days a week if you can.

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
My hub hooked me up again. New rubber for the trail. Oh and trying a trials tire out. Hoping to stick to it like velcro!!!! :becky:

Thanks Ron, now I have one less excuse for fails. :face-icon-small-blu

IMG_1079.jpg

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
You will want to run low air pressure in that trials tire. I run 4-5lbs for competition trials. You could do 7-8lbs for trail riding.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
My hub hooked me up again. New rubber for the trail. Oh and trying a trials tire out. Hoping to stick to it like velcro!!!! :becky:

Thanks Ron, now I have one less excuse for fails. :face-icon-small-blu

Let us know how you like it. I know a few guys that love them, well actually everyone I know who runs one loves it.

Premium Features