• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowies....Who all bought there parking pass?

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
We stopped at the fly store and she said they were going to enforce it so we bought there 30 buck mirror hanger pass. I dont see how they can start enforcing it I didnt see one sign posted up there yet??

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
We will be out there the 1st-6th, wondering if I will have to purchase one staying at winter creek condos? Truck and trailer will never leave the cabin.

Also, if someone would be will to show 4-6 guys around that would be awesome.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Up where? Greenrock?

I bought mine, but I usually ride out of Albany, there is a board installed, and I can see where they will start enforcing it there, I know I will need it so I picked it up when I bought the registrations.

From what I understand (and yes I have talked to the Forest Service in person and over the phone about this) they will not be charging anyone to park along the highway at Greenrock.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
We will be out there the 1st-6th, wondering if I will have to purchase one staying at winter creek condos? Truck and trailer will never leave the cabin.

Also, if someone would be will to show 4-6 guys around that would be awesome.

You shouldn't need one. You are parking on private property (or privately maintained property if it is a lease)

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
From what I understand (and yes I have talked to the Forest Service in person and over the phone about this) they will not be charging anyone to park along the highway at Greenrock.

yes, Greenrock. And somebody should tell the fly store that because i specifically asked her that and she said that her packet said permits on ALL highway parking. I found it hard to believe but we just bought the pass too and figured we stay on the good side of the law.

G
Dec 12, 2007
Rawlins, WY
No Signs

Haven't seen any signs on the west side of the hill. Like I care though. Don't plan on buyn one. Think its a joke. It looked like the circus folks were stoppn people at the ryan park lot though. See ya all on the hill.

Albany Mountain

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Albany, Wyoming
We stopped at the fly store and she said they were going to enforce it so we bought there 30 buck mirror hanger pass. I dont see how they can start enforcing it I didnt see one sign posted up there yet??

There is a sign posted in the Albany lot today:(, but no daily envelopes. Get Ready!!!!!!

krl

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Last I heard it wasn't going to start being enforced until the first of the year. Will be buying my pass this week most likely. Cheaper to buy the pass for $30 then pay the fine for more $$$$$.

G
Dec 12, 2007
Rawlins, WY
What a joke.

It looks like we'll be parkin on private or on BLM. The FS must think this is gonna help solve there continuous over spending problems every year. The other day the Yamaha folks were clearing the parking lot on the west side with their cat. So what exactly are we paying for. Very little if any of that money will be put back into the local riding areas and parking lots. I'm just tired of the bull#@%t. And yes I'm a federal employee so I figure I have all the right to disagree and so should everyone else. It won't last longer than the first year or so. They will have hell finding employee's willing to give up there weekends to go regulate. However during the week it will be another story. And paying overtime to them won't make it cost effective enough to make it worth while. This is comin from one.

Oh and all the tree pigs are on the Albany side of the hill sux for the east side.

B
Can you get the annual pass at any place that sells trail permits, or do you have to go to the Forest Circus office? I left my truck parked at the Albany lot from 12-29 to 1-1 and didn't notice a sign.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Can you get the annual pass at any place that sells trail permits, or do you have to go to the Forest Circus office? I left my truck parked at the Albany lot from 12-29 to 1-1 and didn't notice a sign.

The sign is just inside the lot on the east side. Big board all set up.
The only places I know of to buy the passes (and yes, I bought mine) is the forest service office and the Fly Store in laramie.

I figure It's only 30 dollars, not the end of the world. Cheaper to buy it and be safe than to get a ticket and then still have to get the permit.

B
There were rigs parked two deep on the east side out to the road when we pulled in Saturday, so they must have been blocking it. I even left the cabin to run back to the trailer a couple of times and never saw it. Someones rig must have been blocking my view of it I guess.

I always stop by the Fly Store to let the kids pee and grab a breakfast burrito, so I'll have to grab one next weekend.

And I agree Ollie, it's only $30. No big deal. As long as they eventually come through with there plans for the lot.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
i am all for the pass if they actually use the funds to build the lot, $30 is not that much. if they start enforcing it they better post the signs and have envelopes available for people to pay by the day. i'll buy ours when we get there friday.

B
if they start enforcing it they better post the signs and have envelopes available for people to pay by the day.

Agree. Ollie said it is posted at the Albany lot, but the way everyone was parked when I got there on Saturday and when we left on Tuesday, I never saw anything that looked new to me, except for the snowcat and fuel tank that were parked near where I was. Never did see the sign.

Albany Mountain

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Albany, Wyoming
Overnighting

Overnighting is a subject that seems to be waylaid at the present as the FS has not signed a closure order prohibiting it. I am somewhat puzzled on what would be a compromise solution to the following facts using the Albany lot as the model:

1. A $30 dollar annual pass or $5 daily fee is going to be imposed on most of the parking lots. This will go towards improvements at the pace of the FS (who are required to follow federal regulatory procedures).
  2. Although the FS and the Sheriffs Office (through contract) can enforce this, viewing their past history in the past years and in the rest of the forest, they will not do so.
  3. The fees are to apply to plowing the lot. The FS under contract has someone to plow the lot, at what frequency, I do not know.
  4. The FS feels that allowing overnight parking will interfere with proper plowing of the lot (hence the mindthought of not allowing overnight parking).
  5. The sport is booming, the machines, trucks, motorhomes, and sleds are bigger.
  6. During bad weather conditions, it is suicidal to attempt a trip to town.
  7. The nearby lodging is already at capacity.
  8. And they keep coming.
Sledders will need to accept these fees as user fees as they are the ones using the facilities (as well as summer users like ATV and Bicyclists). IMO the FS has unfortunately envolved into administrators of paperwork taking their valuable time from the field. Tack on the fact that they are addressing budgets by closing field facilities and are now faced with increasing fuel costs to travel to the field with lower numbers of personel. I do not know if everyone is 8-5 Monday thru Friday but question whether the field personel are present in the forest at the proper times.

:confused:I haven't come up with the solution in my mindset, how about you guys???? This really effects almost everyone riding out of Albany.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Are these passes "unlimited" or are there only a certain number they're going to sell?

The reason being is I'm planning on being up there next week for a few days but if it's gonna be a bunch of shenanigans at Green Rock I'll just go over to the Saratoga side and ride outta Ryan Park or something ....

B
I don't really have an opinion on camping in the lot. On one hand, it is a parking lot. But on the other, I tend to camp in areas where I ride the ATV's in the summer, no different than what folks are doing here. Sleep close to where you play. :beer;

What concerns me is there are people like me that have a cabin in Keystone or other areas. Since we can't drive to our cabins, we HAVE to park the truck/trailer and then ride to our cabins. Since I am sleeping in my cabin at night, I sure don't plan on coming back to the lot in the evening to move my truck/trailer out of the lot.

And it has already been mentioned that people who stay at Albany Lodge or rent/own one of the houses right there need to park somewhere. I think the lodge tries to keep the lot behind the motel for people that are staying there, but there always seems to be folks who park there that are just there for the day.

Premium Features