• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Pro Primary Clutch Damage

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
I was with hillclimdr when it happened! The clutch sheared off the bell the bolt luckly held it together long enough to get back to the truck the motor side sheath has to be cut off we were told its like a 6hr job that sucks!

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
I was with hillclimdr when it happened! The clutch sheared off the bell the bolt luckly held it together long enough to get back to the truck the motor side sheath has to be cut off we were told its like a 6hr job that sucks!

I had to do this on an old sled once. It made a huge huge mess. Metal dust all over in the engine compartment. I also cut into the crank a little because I could not tell how deep I was. Make sure you see the crank after they have cut the clutch off.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
mountainhorse, it doesn't look like an isolated incident. There are other threads here on Snowest about it and now I'm hearing from locals that are having the same issue.

sled_guy

IMO... probalby an isolated incident... glad you were not hurt.

Check the motor mount straps very well for any thread damge and replace them if they look suspect.

That is a pretty sturdy, high-grade, bolt... could be a defect from the bolt manufacturer.

Premium Features