• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M Series Hood Repair

M

meierjn

Nov 11, 2008
Well, I managed to break off the tabs that the cables attach to that hold the hood from opening too far. I'm wondering if it is worth trying to somehow glue/epoxy these back on? Does anyone know what these hood are and what type of epoxy or glue would bond with it? Maybe some fiberglass cloth and epoxy?

If I can't get anything to hold I may have to look at attaching the cables at another location which may mean either shortening or lengthening the cables.

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
No glue is gonna hold that. I'd suggest putting in some bent aluminum tabs to replace the originals. Drill right through the hood, epoxy it with some sort of flexible epoxy, and use big rivits, also right through the hood. You could either paint the rivits to blend with the hood, or use black ones to make a statement.

FWIW, old signs make GREAT hood fixin parts. Go visit your local metal recycler... :)

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I changed the location of where the cables are connected to the hood. I moved the connection point from low on the hood and connected to the aluminum piece just below the gauge.

Premium Features