• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First snow

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
They ended up as good or better than the 12 kits, Still not 100%. He is making some changes for us to test next week.

He really needs to come out here and work with you. You have done an incredible amount of work and testing for Justin. The only way he is going to get this dialed is to test up here at our elevation. There is no way to get these kits dialed unless you are testing at elevation. The OVS guys tried and tried and until they came to the elevations we ride they were just guessing. Even then it was difficult at best. Over 11-12k' things just change dramatically. One reason Erik Vohk has had success is that he tunes at elevation.

Cory, you have worked your tail off to provide many with as much info and tuning as possible, but Justin needs to provide you with more tuning capability,ie. mapping in order to get these things 100%. I really feel you have done a great job marketing these turbos and they work as well as you have the capability to dial them. Long distance mapping while convenient, has not provided the kits with the performance that they are capable of. Hopefully Justin will make the trip and get the kits dialed.

Thanks Cory. You bust your tail to get these kits dialed.

Sam

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I can't speak for all the issues, but they are working on it together and with Dobeck. It will get taken care of, it's just combining factory sensors along with the turbo sensors and getting them to work together instead of fighting. Corey will get it handled.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
I can't speak for all the issues, but they are working on it together and with Dobeck. It will get taken care of, it's just combining factory sensors along with the turbo sensors and getting them to work together instead of fighting. Corey will get it handled.

I agree Dave, the only problem is Corey has been busting his tail for the last year now. Last season he did not get the tech support he needed. He can only do so much. I just feel you guys have spent a fair amount of money, and these kits have the capability to run better than they do, without the tuning issues that have gone along with them. I am in no way bashing Justin, and you know I feel Corey has went above and beyond. I feel with some "teamwork", that is Justin on the hill at our elevations, along with Corey, this kit would perform very, very well. There are more than enough Silber units at our elevations to warrant this type of testing.

Hope to get to ride with you guys this winter.

Sam

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Corey, I guess a guy called and talked to Dave about my 11 kit today. He mentioned giving a 1,500 deposit to NL, I suggested gifting it to my paypal. Let me know if he does in fact give it to you guys.

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
Found a 2004 Chevy Duramax Dually. 73K miles, extended cab. Excellent shape with a 11'6" Lance camper on it. 2002, looks brand new with every option at the time. Slide out, dry shower etc. $30,000.....only thing is its not 4 wheel drive....Could get a better deal on it, but kind of concerned about not having 4x4.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Wow, low miles on that truck! With the camper on and some decent snow tires it should get around ok. No camper and pulling a trailer sounds like trouble though. Duallys usually have highway tires though, and they suck on the snow. I've got some Geolander M/S on mine. A step up, but i'm skeptical. I always carry chains too for when it gets real nasty. Can't count how many times I'd pull into MC lot on a Friday night only to bury it at the entrance. Out comes the shovel and chains. My 2wd gmc pickup did great with the camper and some fat BFG all terrains. Put chains on and it would go places most unloaded trucks would not go. The key is that weight over the drive axle and a light trailer. Pulling a six place is a lot different. Mine is supposed to have an automatic axle locker when it starts getting slippery. Those lance are pretty sweet and love those slideouts. I've heard they are a little tricky in the winter, with icing up and all. Good luck!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Got my block back from millennium this afternoon, started putting it back together.

mail1.jpg

mail12.jpg

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Corey, Dave, Angelo, and Tom, I'm going to order the Outlaw hood pin kit tomorrow. I already got free shipping and the kits are $25 let me know if you want one.

Premium Features