• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Looking M series!!!!!!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
That looks Sharp. For everyone that paints there hoods, how does it hold up? If you ride it like a rental like I do I know there will be scratches and things but how does the overall paint job hold up. How are you keeping it from getting beat up and looking bad?

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
Now that's a good lookin sled! I was thinking of going with that color on mine.
Love it. Like the white skis too. Nice job man!:beer;

dunno if I posted
002-1.jpg

003.jpg

now wheres the snow?

M
Nov 27, 2007
Mulletville, AK.
Paint

That looks Sharp. For everyone that paints there hoods, how does it hold up? If you ride it like a rental like I do I know there will be scratches and things but how does the overall paint job hold up. How are you keeping it from getting beat up and looking bad?

Thanks guys.

Paint jobs on old schools sleds with hood's (M sleds or IQ's) actually hold up better due to the protection from the lower panels. REV's, XP's and Nytros tend to take more hits on the larger side panels and can scratch or crack easier.

I have found that for sleds a polyurethane clear is best and very durable for boondockers. ;) Most modern automotive clears used now are urethane and you have to add a flex agent when painting flexible plastic. Plastic pre paint prep is very important also, it is often not done properly and is why many sled paint jobs don't hold up well.

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
I see quite a few sleds with the large headed black rivets. Where did you guys get them? I've looked all over .. want to replace some aluminum ones on the gill vents.

Thanks ....

A

AKLankford

Oct 13, 2009
Wasilla, AK
I dont have an all blue hood but i do have my rear skid white/blue as well as for my A-arms. and blue graphics on the hood. Ive never seen any other blue M sled so im happy about that :D

Premium Features