• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Ski Doo Gen 5 Edge (Brake Alarm Issue)

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
“Working” is a weird way to describe brake usage and could mean a few different things to me. I personally had one day in the middle of my 1500 miles season that the brake warning went crazy. I was trying to bust in a good trail through a tight ish trees and hood deep snow for riders of less skill while traveling at 30-50 mph. I didn’t realize I was even holding the brake at all but my dealer (who happened to be on the ride) told me if your using throttle and you hold (even in the slightest) the brake for much more than a couple seconds the alarm will sound. Never was an issue after that and I had a couple buddies with similar experiences on edges and experts.

T
Jun 4, 2023
Utah
Do you have an aluminum aftermarket brake lever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No it is a stock brake lever. I do keep a finger on the break but even when i remove my finger from the break it still makes the beeping noise. If it only did it a few times it wouldn't be a big deal but its literally all day long. I was just wondering if anyone else was seeing this with their machines and had a fix.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Has anyone had problems with there brake alarm on the dash going off even when you are not working the brake whatsoever? Anyone have any fixes?
I have had this issue before on a couple sleds, few skidoos and a polaris. I learned that having the handwarmers turned up too high would melt snow and then it would re-freeze near the grips, including on the brake assembly, and it would trip the brake sensor even when I'm not applying brake. I'm probably going back to polaris next year so I'm going to try out those skinz gauntlets to see if that helps with the issue. It should let me keep the warmers lower to help with melting the snow so much.

T
Jun 4, 2023
Utah
I have had this issue before on a couple sleds, few skidoos and a polaris. I learned that having the handwarmers turned up too high would melt snow and then it would re-freeze near the grips, including on the brake assembly, and it would trip the brake sensor even when I'm not applying brake. I'm probably going back to polaris next year so I'm going to try out those skinz gauntlets to see if that helps with the issue. It should let me keep the warmers lower to help with melting the snow so much.
My machine is doing it right off the trailer on the trail ride in? No snow has even gotten on the bars at that point. Its pretty weird. I just don't want to ignore dash beeping and it have another issue I'm not paying attention to because i thinks its the brake warning.

zal

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta and Northern BC
I hope you have a set of gauntlets or know where to find a set. Skinz has closed its doors.
In case you aren’t aware:

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I hope you have a set of gauntlets or know where to find a set. Skinz has closed its doors.
In case you aren’t aware:
Well they did supposedly close doors, but then last year they changed their mind and kept making select products. My cousin bought them last December, and Burandt's website shows the gauntlets in stock right now.

S

saurus

Nov 1, 2014
Canada
Yes had this problem on my 2023. Got it fixed under warranty. Not sure what exactly was wrong but they replaced the brake lever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features