• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's thinking snow

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Huge parking area up there, The club has snow park permits for sale. I think we are going to go up sunday as well. Where this is the first weekend for the ski area being open a snow park permit might be a must? let me know.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
I am not sure if it is a must, I just picked one up at blue mountain sports yesterday so I wouldnt have to wonder about it. Sunday is still our plan as well, and I have a friend from baker bringing his old sled up to go too.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
Hopefully early, I will have to see when my buddy John will want to meet us up there (he is driving up from Baker). I am hoping to leave la grande early in the morning though, I plan to have the sleds loaded tonight and ready to go.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
I think we are going to be leaving town at 8, a friend of mine is going to be up there right at 9 (coming from Baker), so we are going to try and meet up there at 9 or so. Already got the sleds loaded and ready to go.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
Yeah, she and I are going, and meeting up with a buddy of mine from baker. He is bringing his old rmk 680 up there and meeting us at the sno park. Maybe we will see you up there, if you see a black/red nytro running around thats me.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
Anthony was very nice today, I think there were 3 other sleds besides us up there today. Snow was good, and while it was a bit warm, we got to play around climbing some hills in a few of the play areas. I did see some not so smart people did try to go across grande rhonde lake too, and you can see the gray thin ice through the snow in spots. Too bad I did not see you up there.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
ya I wanted to make it but, had other things that needed to be done. So I can play later, LOL . How much snow was up there? Hope we get some more before long.
Sounds like you guys had a good time. I will try to make it next time..

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
there was about 24-30" or so, not horrible to ride on. The weather report on their site says they expect 1-3 inches tonight, which will be nice. There is a chance of snow up there tomorrow as well.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Thats good news.
If you know anyone that is looking for a great sled my 09 Dragon with Carl's 860 big bore is for sale, send them my why.

You said you worked for eoni. ? which end do you work on. Oregonfarmer had the idea that you might be our guy. lOL

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
I work out in the field, I am the wireless engineer/installer/DSL installer/ all in one. I am the guy that runs around in the white extended cab pickup, doing internet installs and the like. I also do most of the tower work for access points and stuff too.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Righ on. It is just something that we have talked about. My wife just got done doing one at her work, she is not to interested in starting another right away. I may have to do it, AHHH

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
you mean getting broadband internet?

We are considering going on another ride up at Anthony sometime this weekend, not sure if we are yet or not. Doesnt look like they will get any new snow, but they did get a couple of inches a couple of days ago.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
I was not sure if I saw you up there or not today, but I recognized one of the sleds from your uploaded photos suitcase, thought that might have been you up there at Anthony Lakes today. I posted just a couple of the photos I took of us today, We had to head back a bit early though. If that was you, hope you had a nice time with that new RMK I thought I saw.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
No we went to Catherine Creek, we got a late start leaving town.. Nice looking sleds, I still think those phazers look cool. thanks for the pic's. Let us know if you go this next weekend, I am going over to pick my new one up tomorrow. I will be wanting to get some brake in miles on it. Maybe I will have time to go up and show you where the warming shelter is, that is if you don't already..

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
Sure, let me know if you end up going, and I am sure we will want to go. I am getting Becky better and better at sledding, yesterday was only the third time he has ever gone. Just have to get her to use the throttle more. She really likes that phazer though, and though it did need some work after buying it, it is running great now and kind of rips for a sled that only has 80hp.

I still need to put more break in miles on mine, yesterday I put on my spare belt to get it broken in so it is ready in case I need it, but I still have a few more tanks of gas to run through it before I am supposed to really open mine up.

I wasn't sure if it was you, I thought you said you got a new RMK and I saw a brand new one running around up there, with another polaris that looked identical to the one that I think Tree-Killer is riding with halfcase in the other photos that were posted.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
good to hear, is the new picture posted the new sled? I am sure you cant wait to get it out to get those break in miles done.

We are planning on going somewhere on Sunday, Becky has to work on Saturday or else we would go somewhere then most likely. I do need to adjust the suspension on her sled before we go, I figure I can have that done Saturday while she is at work, so its ready to go on Sunday.

Premium Features