• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

21 kahos broken chain case

S
Feb 10, 2009
Gooding Id
Anybody else having issue with 21 chain case. Blown chain case twice in approx 300 miles. It’s the 155 with 3 inch. Chain case not belt drive. Kept a close eye on track and chain tension.

S
Feb 10, 2009
Gooding Id
First time took half the teeth off the top gear and every other tooth on the other side. Broke the chain and exploded the bottom gear. Second time less than 100miles exploded the bottom gear.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
First time took half the teeth off the top gear and every other tooth on the other side. Broke the chain and exploded the bottom gear. Second time less than 100miles exploded the bottom gear.
I'd say whoever your dealer is, is r tard worded. And that's my honest guess. Take the 3rd one to someone else who knows what they are doing. Been there, delt with that and burned a few bridges over my 2011 assault chain case. Best bet? Avid/ice age make a great billet case that holds up too boot! I have never broken a chain and only lost a few teeth here and there over thousands of miles on cases. Usually failures are from no oil or broken /bent chassis. Improper installation. Ask and I can give you oem specs and some tips and tricks

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Anybody else having issue with 21 chain case. Blown chain case twice in approx 300 miles. It’s the 155 with 3 inch. Chain case not belt drive. Kept a close eye on track and chain tension.
Don’t use oem Polaris powder metal gears.

Venom top and bottom gear, new chain and finger tight on the tensioner bolt.

Locktite the bottom bolt.

Don’t slam the brakes when the track is spun up as this usually shatters the plastic tensioner block or blows the aluminum threads out of the front of the chaincase. (Weld a nut to a strip of steel placed inside the case to re thread your bolt into after this happens)

Premium Features