• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tuners for 850 n/a

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
I watched Mountain Sledder Garage review/explanation of Tuners out there for sleds. It was great and I really appreciate the thorough review. I wish Ibexx made one for the n/a after watching.

Coming from the car world, I've always felt my best bang for the buck was from tuning. I know these are not the same especially in N/A motors. BUT, do any of you have experience with them and did you feel it was worth it? Ibexx doesn't make it for the n/a so I feel like I'm leaning toward the torque link.

Do you feel a noticeable difference in idle, throttle response, stronger power curve (no flat spots), etc? My sled has a GGB can, clutch kit, and clutch balance/lightening. No big motor mods.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
The only NA tune I've ever seen work well is Polaris's factory race tune which is not available to the general public. I have a snowmobiling friend who runs the race tune in all his sleds because they are part of the Polaris RMSHA Race Program, they all perform a step above other stockers. I don't believe you can lean out a NA motor with a tuner "Only add fuel", I may be wrong here, correct me if I'm wrong. I have found that dialing in near perfect clutching has given my sled a slight edge over others that just run 'em. Tuning your upshift and backshift to near perfect can result in more performance gain than a modified tuned motor with mediocre clutching.

Premium Features