• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tool kit

kyinwa

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2011
washington
If you were going to put together a field tool kit for the G4, what would you put in it? We got into a situation where we needed to remove the brake cover below the left footwell last week and didn't have the needed T30 to remove one of the bolts so I have been thinking about what I might absolutely need and wanted to get your thoughts.

Here is what I came up with so far:

10MM & 12MM ratcheting end wrench (not sure if i need a 12mm or not)

T25, T27, T30 + phillips / flathead screwdriver setup - some kind of combo setup

What else?

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I carry a 10mm wrench, T30 screwdriver (fits the clickers, hood fasteners, throttle etc) along with a really good Knipex adjustable wrench. Along with the goofy “tools” that BRP gives us

Anything worse than that gets the tow rope.

I have used that T30 a LOT! Super handy.

mtnxr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Interesting on the plugs. I just took mine in for running bad and a code. They replaced the plugs for $134 and told me I needed to ride it harder. Lol I think I have too many warm up/idle cycles loading back and forth from the truck to the trailer to the heated garage.

S
Jan 15, 2008
North idaho
Long enough torx driver to remove the starter can, and something to pull exhaust springs? I would also periodically make sure your muffler temp sensor isn't rusted in solid :face-icon-small-dis

N
Jan 22, 2017
If you were going to put together a field tool kit for the G4, what would you put in it? We got into a situation where we needed to remove the brake cover below the left footwell last week and didn't have the needed T30 to remove one of the bolts so I have been thinking about what I might absolutely need and wanted to get your thoughts.

Here is what I came up with so far:

10MM & 12MM ratcheting end wrench (not sure if i need a 12mm or not)

T25, T27, T30 + phillips / flathead screwdriver setup - some kind of combo setup

What else?
the ratcheting wrenches are good but i would go with a normal 10mm and 12mm. sometimes you cant get the open end or the bigger ratchet end on a tight bolt. i would throw in a flash light. maybe a lighter. some electrical tape. some pliers might be a good thing also.

Premium Features