• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The ears

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
looky what the rebels sent for shay

2012-01-10_14-29-55_521.jpg

for a bunch of crazies there are some ok guys too

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
one is to block off your atmospheric reference tube coming off the ECU. We will wing the rest. SSWIM said once he did his the sled started fine again. Something about it leaning out too much at altitude and making it hard to start

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Yeah, Garrett at OVS mentioned that. Don't think the results were definitive on that trick though. Worth a try but doesn't sound like a "fix" really. Side effects?. All sorts of hokum out there wade through.

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Maybe its in the tuning for high elevation. I have everything we need to reflash you box if the OVS guys have a map that might work better. I know they can add more fuel to the low rpm.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
There must be considerable air flow restriction caused by the turbo plumbing. Need some way to compensate for that.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Here is mine as shipped. It was too rich and loading up at our altitudes

Here is is after we tuned and reflashed it. These are settings we couldnt change with the buttons on the box. I has to take fuel out, but on your they may be able to add fuel.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Problem is, the box doesn't make any adjustments to the idle and that's where the problem lies. Could try adding some to the low RPM but I don't see how that's going to affect the idle characteristics. Maybe initially, but not a prolonged effect more than a few seconds. I need to get familiar with how to set the numbers on this box to. Runs good otherwise, so I don't want to mess that up. Need to write down the numbers on the box now.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
You cant make changes with the buttons but the box can control idle and low rpm, it just has to be flashed. If they send you a new hex file with a richer 0-2500 that might help you start the sled. If you get the file and the serial number from them we can flash it. Yours is a gen 3.5 box right? Worst case is we put your old one back in. they may be trying to help you with what you have,if they know you can reflash it they may have different ideas.

I only have the tools for the 3.5 box though.

Last edited:

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
What am I looking at there? besides a lean 16 AF in one and apparently pig rich 8 in the lower one? That's the direction I want to head. lol

Garrett had me crank up fuel pressure as a fix for the lean idle. I turned it up from 42 to near 60 without effect on the idle or starting. He didn't seem terribly helpful or seem to have a whole lot of good advice so i haven't called him back.

Premium Features