• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TC-W3 2 CYCLE OIL- OUTBOARD ENGINE OIL- SAFE FOR SLED?

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I bought a case of this stuff, I have an oil delete on my sled, and mix my fuel 32:1 with oil, is there any reason why this would be a bad thing to do?
I did some research and it is approved by Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, mercury, johnson, evinrude engines. Thank u in advance!!

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
I think you would be just fine. If you were using injection some of the techno guys may state that the viscosity may degrade at super low temperatures but I think that's a bunch of marketing/sales propaganda.

I know for a fact the very best oil is the Castrol two cycle oil. It is guaranteed to 100% eliminate burn downs regardless of air/fuel ratio, increase horsepower 7 to 9 hp, help with weight transfer, Improve gas mileage and your motor will run 30 to 50° cooler. Also proven to eliminate rust on the carbides and eliminate rotating mass of the track and clutches.

What do you guys think is the very best oil?

Last edited:
J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
I've been running my sled oil in my boat. No problems yet

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
From what I have read TCW3 oil typically has a lower viscosity than a sled oil that is JASO FC or FD rated and work best for engines that run between 4,000-6000 rpm. The thin viscosity will not be suited for higher engine rpm operation.

Premium Features