• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

suspension question for lil rider

Z
Dec 7, 2016
Ennis mt
Hello,
I am not to savy on suspension so I thought I would ask the question. My daughter moved off her m5 and for the last year has been riding a 17 mnt cat with the 162, she is 12 and weights in around 75lbs, she rides the sled great and has been able to control it unbelievably except when we work on here side hilling. I know its a lot of sled for some one who weighs so little so besides that point is there any suggestions besides just running as little air pressure as possible for her. So far we have upgraded her to mohawk skis, cheetah bars with 2" riser and have played with the suspension a little. The sled will get on its side and she can go for about 10ft before she doesn't have the strength or weight to keep there before she thrown off. Any suggestions would be appreciated

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
if the skis aren't moved in to the narrowest position do that. If you are wanting to spend the money, you can have the shocks revalved which should help quite a lot as they can set them up for her weight.
Like you mentioned, with her weight running as little pressure as possible will also be beneficial and as a 12 y.o. I don't see her abusing the suspension with large drops, etc so it should be relatively safe to run them with little weight.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Add some center shock spring preload, let out the limiter, it will lighten the front end. Get rid of the Mohawks and get a less floaty ski. In 2015 my bud and I had identical 174 T3 sleds, he had Mohawks and I had stock, I couldn't ride his to save my life, the ski just wanted to float. Mine with stock skis was MUCH easier to tip up. My 9 yr old son rides an M6000, I softened it up a bunch for him, he can sidehill it but it takes WFO throttle to do it. (He was 8 when he rode it last year.) He has ridden my G4 Doos, I was trying to get him on a 600 G4 Doo, but he prefers his, says mine are too tippy, lol. Fine with me, he can learn on a hard to sidehill sled, it will make him a better rider. First sled I ever sidehilled was a 93 ZR580. :)

Premium Features