• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Senator Testor's Wilderness Bill

F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
Wake up, people! It aint over yet. Tester is still trying to push his phony baloney "Jobs", ie. Wilderness, bill. He cant get any backing from other Senators (except of course Baucus) so he will still try to attach this to some other big bill. He just had a big article in the Great Falls newspaper touting his ilk. Funny that there is very little, in fact, no mention of the over 1,000,000 acres of wilderness that is in the bill. (I thought only Congress could designate wilderness) Only about 7000 acres per year of "allowed" logging but you can bet your azz that the first time anyone tries to cut timber some greenie group will file a lawsuit with green Judge Molloy. By the way, since when do we need an act of congress for the FS to do its job of forest “management”. This bill is nothing more than payback to the Montana Wilderness Assn that wrote the bill and backed Testor’s election. Every survey I have seen shows a majority of Montanans are against Testor’s bill but he could care less. (even the wilderness pukes dont like it because it allows logging).
Contact Testor's office and let them know what you think about his phony legislation. (Forest Jobs and Recreation Act S268) http://tester.senate.gov/Contact/index.cfm

FYI for non-Montanans, This bill covers access to places like Mt Jefferson and other areas popular with our riders and our visitors, so dont think its just about Montana riders.

According to CBU his new designation for the bill for 2011 is S268. (http://balanceduse.org/news/cbu-lega...lderness-bill/

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I can't wait til this bill dies.

Why is this called a collaboration?
Why does it claim multiple use groups are on board with it?

Premium Features