• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Boards - Skinz, B&M, or Phizzer's???

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
I wish we had a m alternative. Maybe next year.

And I do apologize I did not realize this post was in the m section.

If you do come up with something for the M put me down for a set. I was thinking about buying airframes this year but this new sled has already stretched my budget. It has the board inserts already but I just don't think they'll cut it for me, coming from a sled that had rigid snow eliminator board.

Paul27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2008
Reno, NV
Installed Mad Fab EZ Boards on my 2009 M8 and son's 2011 HCR. Some observations:

1) Reasonable price. $149 per machine, plus $18.95 shipping for two sets, total $318.93. Delivered fast, no delay.

2) Good kits, good instructions, accurately made, fit perfect, etc. One thing not mentioned; it helps to have a 12" long 3/16 drill bit for the rivet holes close to the tunnel ($6 at Lowes).

3) Easy to install. One beverage max!

4) They work! Used them yesterday, hill climbing in the Sierras, with several feet of fresh powder and temperature in the 20's, perfect for creating packed wet snow on radiator-heated running boards. Two sleds w/o EZ Boards had 4" to 6" of packed snow on their running boards constantly, sloping outward and slippery (dangerous). Had to ride with the build up, or spend 5 minutes kicking it off after every off-trail excursion / climb. The two sleds with EZ Boards stayed clean while riding, due to normal foot movement. Never had to clean the boards. The UHMW seems to go through snow like a cheese grater goes through cheese. Footing and traction were perfect, all day.

5) I'm sold! (Mad Fab should give me a discount coupon for this glowing PR.)

That's my opinion.

Premium Features