• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Purging the turbo oil line and its respective oil pump

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
almost done with sled re-re build:face-icon-small-dis

- was having a hard time purging the air through the turbo oil lines and pump

found a quicker way:
- tilt sled where as the right side is up, basically stick a 5 gallon can under the right ski
- disconnect the line just before the oil pump inlet, let oil drain on face and reconnect, make sure you dont see any air bubbles in this line
- disconnect the long hose inbetween the turbo supply and the two check valves coming off the oil pump, leave check valves and those two tiny lines alone...
- i used a turkey injection needle filled with oil and jammed it in the oil time, filled it up, this only works if you fill it from a lower elevation as to push oil uphill when air staying above this oil, now take an ear plug and plug up the topside fitting so this oil wont drain out of this line, reconnect
- now this would suggest minimal air will be trapped inside this oil system
- i did this and she was pumping oil out the top after the sled was only running for 10 secs.......hells yes!!!

maybe others can share a story about priming/purging said oil system:face-icon-small-coo

T

TheOneBigMike

Jan 31, 2010
I just put a pressure test cap onto the oil tank and aired it up to about 3 psi. i could watch the oil flowing after it got to the clear sections of line and it successfully purged the air from the lines and pump.

Premium Features