• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please help- Electrical- CCU-Stator-ECU

R

ryanru

Dec 4, 2007
I need some advice please,
I am on my 3rd stator in 2 years-
First stator- one of the charge coils goes (factory AC stator)- Ohm test confirmed
Second Stator- Lighting Coil melts soldier off yellow wire at stator (repeatedly)
(check all wires – figure it was grounding out)
(purchased 3rd stator after peak voltage test showed lighting coil was putting out 20-55 volts (assumed this was causing the melted soldier wire)
Third Stator- (I installed a fuse on each of the yellow lighting coil wires before the CCU)
Runs fine with a 15 amp fuse for a few hours- fuse blows installed a 25 amp and works well.
Other yellow wire fuse now blows 15 amp- Installed 25 amp fuse runs for 2 hours
Sled starts running poorly
Sled dies
Crack open stator housing- Charge coil brown/white wire melted off
Fuel pump coil orange soldier melted off

I first thought it maybe the CCU (voltage regulator contained within?) however from what I read. The Only CCU/ECU interaction is the APV motor signals? The fuel pump and charge coil # 2 should not have anything to do with the CCU?
Checked the ground wire and it is good.
IDEAS????

Also- Ohm tests on current stator-
Charge coil- #1 9.1 ohm spec is 7.2-10.8
Charge coil- #2 8.8 ohm spec is 7.2-10.8
Lighting coil .3 ohm spec is .08 -.12 (out of spec but functioning)
Injection coil 15.2 ohm spec is15.2-22.8
Fuel Pump coil 1.5 ohm spec is 1.52-2.28
:rain:

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Are these resistance tests all done at the same grounding point. If so, you have less resistance through your lighting coil. It may be grounded out in some way and you may be drawing power from your stator directly to ground through this possible short. Less resistance is a shorter path to ground, check the lighting circuit.

Premium Features