• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 M6 Runs for 5 seconds.

D
Dec 15, 2019
A buddy of mine has a 2007 M6 that will start and run for about 5 seconds then dies. It’s exactly the same every time. We have replaced the engine wiring harness and ECU with no change. Unplugged hood and handle bar harness and no change. Ran fuel pump off of a battery, and tried spraying starting fluid in intake but doesn’t seem to help. The stator ohms out right in the middle of specs on every coil. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
A buddy of mine has a 2007 M6 that will start and run for about 5 seconds then dies. It’s exactly the same every time. We have replaced the engine wiring harness and ECU with no change. Unplugged hood and handle bar harness and no change. Ran fuel pump off of a battery, and tried spraying starting fluid in intake but doesn’t seem to help. The stator ohms out right in the middle of specs on every coil. Any ideas? Thanks.
Does it restart right away or do you have to wait a bit? Sometimes the stator coils are tricky to find. You need to test them as soon as they quit. To me it sounds like a stator coil is overheating and coming apart causing it to quit. I had this years ago on a prowler and was had to diagnose.

Last edited:
Premium Features