• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Perks motor balancing and clutch balancing problems

N
Feb 6, 2012
NOTHING was taken off machine

Nice job on the video. Couple questions.

1. did you pull the clutch off the crank at any time after you picked it up?
2. Did you start the sled without the clutch to check for balance issues.

Again great job and I just can't imagine how a sled would preform with an extra 500+ grams of rotating weight.

It's to bad because I think the overall process and concept it great, but someone missed the boat entirely on this one.

Thunder

That is perks work on my snowmobile , and I have the full video , witch shows perks marks on the clutch and rotor exactly where perks put them on the motor , and I have several witnesses and I have the parts that were taken off the motor so they could be put back on exactly where they were if need be , and JOE at PERKS I have your VOICE mail to , I hope this helps you snowmobilers

Feb 7, 2012
logan utah
I believe ya that you didnt touch anything now but the thing is I did see your sled before and after and it didn't look like that so ill do what I said . by going inside and be the guinea pig for the rest of you to get two views and video they whole time I just don't want to see a product that I think is good go away if he fixes his problems and I hope he does because all I used to do is buy new belts every year and one year a crank on one of my sleds he will save me money I hope.

Feb 28, 2009
I believe ya that you didnt touch anything now but the thing is I did see your sled before and after and it didn't look like that so ill do what I said . by going inside and be the guinea pig for the rest of you to get two views and video they whole time I just don't want to see a product that I think is good go away if he fixes his problems and I hope he does because all I used to do is buy new belts every year and one year a crank on one of my sleds he will save me money I hope.
dont you work there

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
How dishonest can you get? We can all see what your real account is. This is just unbelievable.

There is no way in hell I would let this guy ever touch my sled after all this crap, and to be honest, I hope this thread is the nail in the coffin for his business. What a freaking crook.

Here, I'd like to post some quotes from our "customers other account."

For all those who are doubters of the work I can do for your motor, take a look at these Live Results. Two videos show the before look and the thrid and fourth videos show how great it looks afterward. My process is done by using a German Made Balancing Equipment, with the state of the art new technology.
www.perksbalance.com
435-720-3162 Call Today!!!!

:face-icon-small-ton This is the other side of the story. I've been spin balancing clutches for 20 to 25 years. And before 2008 Ski-Doo clutches were only out of balance on a average about 10 to 15 grams on the front end and 1 to 5 grams on back end. Now the 2008 thru 2011 average 15 grams to 30 grams on the front end and still 1 to 5 grams on back end. And because of this large unbalance I no longer drill 20 to 25 holes in the front sheave. I mill the front edge down and keep the integrity or thickness the same but if they are out 28 grams like the last 2011 I did this week it will have a large area removed. If those two individuals had had their motor balanced that thin area on the clutch would not have cracked. My personal sled has alot of drilled holes and no cracks.

:face-icon-small-ton

The facts on crank balancing and clutch balancing are the following. EVERY Ski-Doo 800R crank assy. has an unbalance of approx. 115 grams per side at the crank radius thats 115 grams on the PTO side and 115 grams on the Mag. at opposite angles. EVERY Ski-Doo Primary Clutch has a different unbalance in a two plane spin balance but the front end is averaging 15 grams of unbalance and the back end about 2 grams.
EVERY factory Race Team sled (big bores) have a Blue Print Spin Balanced motor and that's why they always win the races.
The big problem is not the crank run out, that's not what is wearing out the bearings and breaking the cranks. It is the 922 lbs. of centrifugal force created (at 8000 rpm) by the 115 grams of unbalance and the other 922 lbs. of centrifugal force at the opposite angle on the other side of motor. Yes, the Ski-Doo Clutch has a factor in this vibration and crank life. But remember 115 grams is 8 X more unbalance then 15 grams.
Go to my web site and watch my 7 youtubes explaining my "New Patent Pending External Spin Balance".
www.perksbalance.com email - spinbalance@citlink.net

phone - 435-720-3162

I have a 2010 Ski-Doo 800 it has the stock heavy exhaust tank still on it. It has electric start (10-15 lbs.). Factory pipes, no clutching changes just the stock weight arms. No other changes and my son who weighs 165 lbs. has gone from 84 mph to 103 mph at 9500 ft. with just balancing the motor. We have beat turbos and several 2011 e-Tecs even with modifications on them. I believe my crank bearings will never wear out and the belt looks the same as new.
If you have a 2007- 2011 Ski-Doo 800 you just have to send me your primary clutch. We can produce a spin balanced Engine without removing the crank from the case. Call I will explain this to you.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
WOW! PERKS was owned by a mod and yet he continues to post like he is Joe Customer?

Not only can he not do good work, he's a retard.

Last edited:
H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
I spent a few minutes and watched the OP video and one video from this perk fella on his website where he added 39 grams to one side and 2-3 grams to the other side, i see a test gig of kind that he is using...understand that im no average internet sledhead, i work for a leading manufacture of high speed rotational equipment and trim balance our equipment a few times each year with big $$$ instrumentation and proprietary software to better fit what we need, can also use simple math to trim balance

with that said, i would love to crawl around his test gig and see wants wrong with it and then maybe offer some advice. First, you added 39 grams to a clutch that is 20 lbs???...ill type this again, "you aded 39 grams to a clutch that is possibly 20lbs??

ill also say this, the OP has another viedo where he this super tech balancing will add 20MPH track speed and his youtube user account name and snowest user name has the word "balance" in it.....WTF am i missing here, is this all one big joke? whats worse, the crooked or the stupid?

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
I spent a few minutes and watched the OP video and one video from this perk fella on his website where he added 39 grams to one side and 2-3 grams to the other side, i see a test gig of kind that he is using...understand that im no average internet sledhead, i work for a leading manufacture of high speed rotational equipment and trim balance our equipment a few times each year with big $$$ instrumentation and proprietary software to better fit what we need, can also use simple math to trim balance

with that said, i would love to crawl around his test gig and see wants wrong with it and then maybe offer some advice. First, you added 39 grams to a clutch that is 20 lbs???...ill type this again, "you aded 39 grams to a clutch that is possibly 20lbs??

ill also say this, the OP has another viedo where he this super tech balancing will add 20MPH track speed and his youtube user account name and snowest user name has the word "balance" in it.....WTF am i missing here, is this all one big joke? whats worse, the crooked or the stupid?

Several months back I made mention this guy was stretching the truth
and he was using fear tactic s by showing a balance job on a TRA ski doo clutch that was completely woren out. ( I put the thread in the performance/mod section )

Hatch.... I believe this perk dude had good intentions with making things better for people, I have watched a few of his videos. and if he said 3.9 grams instead of 39 grams one could breeze over and say well hell thats not out of possiblity........ And there are many people out there that have work at a tire shop and have learned a small amount about a machine that can sense a rotary whobble and see the simple difference between static & dynamic effects of these 2 drasticly different balance types.

That being said..... If in fact he was dynamicly balancing a fully assembled motor with drive clutch installed ( If he knew anything at all about sled motors & clutches ) and the fact that MOST of the time drive clutches slip-lock onto the taper because they rarely get torque correctly. ( they move )

If someone was to have this complete assembled motor balance done and it was done correctly. The drive clutch would have to be surely locked in place to full set-torque. And should never be removed..... and ( IF ) removed there would have to be a dial indictaor installed in the plug hole to find TDC & then both the drive clutch and crankshaft and to be marked to make sure it installed in the exact same spot or the balance job will turn much more destructive then the stock OEM delivery. ( One would have to believe the clutch slipped in this video )

You can listen to the guy and hear within minutes that he knows little to nothing about snowmobiles. ( His pointer is very impressive )

Dan

N
Feb 6, 2012
CLUTCH DID NOT MOVE PERIOD

Several months back I made mention this guy was stretching the truth
and he was using fear tactic s by showing a balance job on a TRA ski doo clutch that was completely woren out. ( I put the thread in the performance/mod section )

Hatch.... I believe this perk dude had good intentions with making things better for people, I have watched a few of his videos. and if he said 3.9 grams instead of 39 grams one could breeze over and say well hell thats not out of possiblity........ And there are many people out there that have work at a tire shop and have learned a small amount about a machine that can sense a rotary whobble and see the simple difference between static & dynamic effects of these 2 drasticly different balance types.

That being said..... If in fact he was dynamicly balancing a fully assembled motor with drive clutch installed ( If he knew anything at all about sled motors & clutches ) and the fact that MOST of the time drive clutches slip-lock onto the taper because they rarely get torque correctly. ( they move )

If someone was to have this complete assembled motor balance done and it was done correctly. The drive clutch would have to be surely locked in place to full set-torque. And should never be removed..... and ( IF ) removed there would have to be a dial indictaor installed in the plug hole to find TDC & then both the drive clutch and crankshaft and to be marked to make sure it installed in the exact same spot or the balance job will turn much more destructive then the stock OEM delivery. ( One would have to believe the clutch slipped in this video )

You can listen to the guy and hear within minutes that he knows little to nothing about snowmobiles. ( His pointer is very impressive )

Dan

Clutch did not slip in video , It was in the same place where perks installed it PERIOD, Joe at perks putts scribe marks on clutch and on crank and on out side of cylinder , it was lined up exactly where he put it and it did not move (I have it on video). that is exactly how it ran at perks and Joe said it was good. my heck he had it 19 days and I had no choice but to take it like that if wanted to snowmobile this season !!! (NO DISRESPECT DAN JUST NEED TO PROVE A POINT)

Last edited:
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
instead of doing another movie on a new pro.why dont 7perk get on here and explain what maybe happened in this movie.i dont get it.

N
Feb 6, 2012
TEST ON YOUR OWN SNOWMOBILES

A picture is worth a thousand words

A video is worth several thousand words

7perks and 777polaris posting on snowest using the same user name (spin balance) priceless

And by perks spin balance making a video about putting your kit on a 2012 polaris pro has absolutely nothing to do with what you did to my snowmobile .. Unless you say this is what PERKS did a month ago , when we had this snowmobile for 19 days and used it for a guinea pig ( with out the customer knowing about it and tried to ruin the snowmobile motor ) and this is what it looks like a month later , with the so called customers snowmobile 777polaris who just purchased the snowmobile for around $ 12,000 to prove are kit works now and to prove a point , because we think we may have FOUND the problem with are kit , that we are now willing to use the kit on are own snowmobile (I believe it is perks spin balances employees snowmobile Joes son witch he has had for a few months ) knowing that it is going to be used as a guinea pig and he is knowingly and willing to void his factory warranty with polaris if the kit ruins his motor !!! And I will personally send the polaris rep over the WASATCH FRONT both videos , Your WELCOME in advance !!! And you should be using your OWN snowmobiles to do your testing on , its about time PERKS !!! , ruin your own motors and parts ...

Last edited:

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
I had to take Mr. Perks to small claims court to get a new crank out of him. I wish that lying idiot would just give up on snowmobile motors. He has apsolutly no clue although he likes to think he does. I too spent hundreds of dollars on his crap and came away with nothing but anoyed.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Clutch did not slip in video , It was in the same place where perks installed it PERIOD, Joe at perks putts scribe marks on clutch and on crank and on out side of cylinder , it was lined up exactly where he put it and it did not move (I have it on video). that is exactly how it ran at perks and Joe said it was good. my heck he had it 19 days and I had no choice but to take it like that if wanted to snowmobile this season !!! (NO DISRESPECT DAN JUST NEED TO PROVE A POINT)

10-4 !!! I completely understand what your saying. Its just hard to believe anyone could let that leave the shop if he saw it run.

If thats the case you have every reason the thrash away.

I just like to be sure everyone gets a fair shake the internet can be a wicked basturd. Carry-on.

Dan

N
Feb 6, 2012
10-4 !!! I completely understand what your saying. Its just hard to believe anyone could let that leave the shop if he saw it run.

If thats the case you have every reason the thrash away.

I just like to be sure everyone gets a fair shake the internet can be a wicked basturd. Carry-on.

Dan

Im not meaning to thrash , my intent is to let snowmobilers see what kind of work perks did on my snowmobile , and buy the looks of other posts , perks has cost snowmobilers thousands of dollars , Can you imagine how bad the motor was vibrating in the 19 day perks had the snowmobile while they were experimenting on it (being perks so called guinea pig), I could and thats why when Joe said it was 100% balanced , and he granted it would not do engine damage to run it , I new it was time to take the snowmobile the way perks had it balanced , and to be complete honest im surprised it still runs !!!

Last edited:
Premium Features