• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Group

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Long, but pretty good read.

http://www.hcn.org/issues/41.19/roadless-less

Quote:
. "Making sure the roadless rule is permanent, that's the first phase. The second phase is to turn much of that into wilderness."

The Real Enemy.

Quote:
The Philadelphia-based Pew Charitable Trusts, reportedly the biggest funder of environmental groups, launched the Heritage Forests Campaign to rally public support. And many other groups were ready to join the effort

Provided by another snowester.

Prohaps this Wyoming judge has a real concept for our public land!!!

Jan 23, 2008
cove,or
i have not drank anough beers to have good comments, save the fish (not) my dad tells me he has been going out with odfw checking fish traps they went to one the other day 33 fish and there was only 3 natives the other 30 they nocked in the head and sent down the river does this make sense?

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Ya if they are checking the grande ronde river steel head run, the ODFW say that this run of steel head are inferior fish and need to be killed off. We went through this two yrs. ago. The steel head have been coming in record numbers for about 10 yrs. which means the hacherys are working and the dam dams are not an issue. So I think they are going to start over so they will continue to get funded and get there raises each yr. Just think of how much money is spent on each fish that is hit in the head and tossed in the river!!

Premium Features