• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need input on crossfire 1000 running on 1 cylinder

T
I'm not getting any answers on the Facebook groups I figured you guys would know best. I picked up an 09 crossfire R 1000 few bolt one. It has 130psi compression both sides, won't run on mag side. So far I've checked spark- pulled plugs and stuck them in plug wires. Started in running on pto side. I can hold both plugs 3" away and they both shoot hot blue spark, next I pulled injectors cleaned them, zip tied them in fuel rail and faced them towards the wall couple good pulls and both injectors are shooting nice heavy spray patern. Next I pulled the v force 3 reeds. Yes there some light coming thru the outside pedals on all 4 pedals. Looking at pistons thru y pipe both look great. Also checked to see if crankcase was flooded in both cavity nope not at all. When I first got it a week or so back it would fire on both cylinders then mag side would go out after maybe 15 seconds. Pulled boondocker to rule that out. Same thing. Thanks for any help.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Check the wires going to the injectors. My 09 rubbed a wire through on the fuel rail and would intermittently drop a cylinder when it grounded out.

sksnopro

Premium Member
Apr 13, 2009
sask,Canada
Did you notice if the sled is flashing a code on the guage cluster? Short and long flashes in sequence depending on whats going on.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Check the wires going to the injectors. My 09 rubbed a wire through on the fuel rail and would intermittently drop a cylinder when it grounded out.

This. Had the same issue on my 09 sno-pro. Heat shield had rubbed one of the injector wires bare. Causing intermittent instances of it running on only one cylinder.

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Go buy or borrow a set of noid lights and fire it up check injector pulse to see if it is intermittent . By clean the injectors unless you pulled the pintle caps, baskets and ultrasonic cleaned them then they may still be plugged , it should be a even misty spray not a heavy stream need to find a local fuel injection shop and have em done correctly , you have spark, compression , and maybe to much fuel !?

T
Go buy or borrow a set of noid lights and fire it up check injector pulse to see if it is intermittent . By clean the injectors unless you pulled the pintle caps, baskets and ultrasonic cleaned them then they may still be plugged , it should be a even misty spray not a heavy stream need to find a local fuel injection shop and have em done correctly , you have spark, compression , and maybe to much fuel !?
I gently put one in a vise seal top with rubber hose pulse the injector on and off and spray brake clean thru it. That being said I switch injectors side to side and injector plugs mag won't fire. And yes nice mist is what I meant to say.

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Any history on this sled has it blown a bunch of belts?? Could the crank be out of phase have seen a blown belt cause that . Still think you need to noid light it to rule out injector pulse issues or lack their of ! How bout fuel pressure have you checked that ??

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
TC , here is how this works , you throw out a problem , those of us who have been riding and wrenching for 40+ years toss some different possible issues your way, if any of them resolve the issue YOU post the fix or what you did to finally figure it out , that way others who may have the same issue can benefit from the problem with a resolution. Nothing worse than reading a 5 page thread on an issue you are having and never getting a resolution !!!! This will go along way to getting help next time !! Not trying to be a dick but that's the way it's been on here for 20+ years we all work together to find and identify and fix issues !!! Thanks

T
Here's some info that goes a little deeper. The sled came with oil injection delete. There was a hose running from a little bottle to the bottom of engine that lubed the water pump shaft cavity. Some guys say you need this some guys say you don't. Well you don't. The previous owner told me to keep it full at all times as he did. Well the oil would dissappear. That being said it does transfer to the rod side cavities. Both rod side cavities.. the whole bottom end was full of oil. Pull it over with pipe off and the amount of oil coming out off case after pulling reeds was insane. I drained the case. Blocked off the nipple on the water pump cavity got it running and crazy amount of oil smoke for a good 15 minutes. That being said if you're doing an oil injection delete no need for extra oil in waterpump shaft cavity. Lol thanks guys.

Premium Features