• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2024 Ski-Doo Summit-X Build.

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
you can relocate the battery to the box plus hold the spare belt? if thats the case ill get one for my 24 that i have coming.

On my big screen lynx I am relocating the battery behind the screen to under the hood some place lots of options. Than have no carrier on the fuel tank as I don’t like anything immediately behind the seat. Lots of places for the spare belt also to tuck under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
On my big screen lynx I am relocating the battery behind the screen to under the hood some place lots of options. Than have no carrier on the fuel tank as I don’t like anything immediately behind the seat. Lots of places for the spare belt also to tuck under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep us in the loop as that mod moves along.
Would like to see what you finally end up with.

C

clamlake600

Feb 2, 2010
love your build ! i picked up a carry over '23 summit edge. ive been installing accessories over the last month. parts are hard to come by ! i would order parts now to get them here before sled arrives.
just a fyi, you could save yourself over a 1,000.00 by going with the heavyduty extruded front bumper. 860201819 . the rear HD towing rear bumper to match. 860202646. around 220.00 for both. still plenty tough and cleaner looking imo. i saw cel phone holder at dealer. waste of 200.00. hard mount the gps to dash plate, plenty of room.
skidoo sells rail stiffener kit like on Expert model for under 100.00. get some wheel kits 92.00 a pair, get 2. and anti stab kit 503196253 (like on Expert mdl) for 70.00 then you're ready for anything !
it pays to look at the big accessory catalog online. the dealer knows very little about these sleds it seems. they are not as passionate as us about the sport !
I'm installing 12v kit ,3w heater and usb/charger kit this weekend.
i almost bought snowflap, but scratchers down keep it plenty cool. i ride alot of trail to get to play areas too.
tool kit and strap? waste of money imo. build a nice emergency first aid kit, select tools. never used my bungy pull strap. ever.
rear seat box already holds the belt and a battery. not sure having a latch over 2 screws makes a difference. more money for gas!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
love your build ! i picked up a carry over '23 summit edge. ive been installing accessories over the last month. parts are hard to come by ! i would order parts now to get them here before sled arrives.
just a fyi, you could save yourself over a 1,000.00 by going with the heavyduty extruded front bumper. 860201819 . the rear HD towing rear bumper to match. 860202646. around 220.00 for both. still plenty tough and cleaner looking imo. i saw cel phone holder at dealer. waste of 200.00. hard mount the gps to dash plate, plenty of room.
skidoo sells rail stiffener kit like on Expert model for under 100.00. get some wheel kits 92.00 a pair, get 2. and anti stab kit 503196253 (like on Expert mdl) for 70.00 then you're ready for anything !
it pays to look at the big accessory catalog online. the dealer knows very little about these sleds it seems. they are not as passionate as us about the sport !
I'm installing 12v kit ,3w heater and usb/charger kit this weekend.
i almost bought snowflap, but scratchers down keep it plenty cool. i ride alot of trail to get to play areas too.
tool kit and strap? waste of money imo. build a nice emergency first aid kit, select tools. never used my bungy pull strap. ever.
rear seat box already holds the belt and a battery. not sure having a latch over 2 screws makes a difference. more money for gas!
As for me.
I LOVE the BRP toolkit, its TINY and has EXACTLY what I have needed for many field repairs.
The SnowFlap has also proved its worth for me on many occasions as well.
The bumpers are a toss up.
What I WANTED are the Gen4 Backcountry Bumpers I have on my 22 Expert
But for reasons unknown they are not offering them for the Gen5 as yet.

Now, WHY do you feel the Summit-X NEEDS the Stiffener, Wheel Kit and Anti-Stab kit???

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
rail stiffeners have been standard on the freeride not the expert unless they've changed that for '24.
holy crap christopher, that's alot of accessories. the best mod though is an ibackshift clutch kit. it is such an improvement in performance that it will surprise you as it does everybody that rides my sled after being on their factory clutched machines.
the pull strap is a great idea. buddy has one and it works well, weighs nothing and is easy to stow.
snowflap is pretty much a must.
i'm a minimalist so no flexible handguards for me as they're not needed on a mountain sled unless tree riding is your thing.
deep snow grips are a large improvement over stock. don't know why those aren't standard.
there are much better knee pads out there. the doo ones look sharp but are pads in name only (unless they made them better now) and any shock absorption is marginal.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
rail stiffeners have been standard on the freeride not the expert unless they've changed that for '24.
holy crap christopher, that's alot of accessories. the best mod though is an ibackshift clutch kit. it is such an improvement in performance that it will surprise you as it does everybody that rides my sled after being on their factory clutched machines.
the pull strap is a great idea. buddy has one and it works well, weighs nothing and is easy to stow.
snowflap is pretty much a must.
i'm a minimalist so no flexible handguards for me as they're not needed on a mountain sled unless tree riding is your thing.
deep snow grips are a large improvement over stock. don't know why those aren't standard.
there are much better knee pads out there. the doo ones look sharp but are pads in name only (unless they made them better now) and any shock absorption is marginal.
Already have the ibackshift clutch kit.;)
Brand new one sitting on my build table!!
Have been running that little GEM for years now.

S
Sep 21, 2016
Van Isl
One additional accessory will be the TRAIL TECH VOYAGER GPS PRO units.
I ordered THREE of them to install on all of my sleds for some serious testing next season.
While I HOPE BRP gets the new software done and out the door for the big display by next season, I am HEDGING MY BET by installing these little babies in the meantime.

View attachment 402591
Where/how do you intend to mount it? I am looking at going the same route, but with the small screen and just not sure where I’m going to put it other than I don’t want it on the handlebars if possible.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Where/how do you intend to mount it? I am looking at going the same route, but with the small screen and just not sure where I’m going to put it other than I don’t want it on the handlebars if possible.
Hope to mount it to the handlebars on the rear (driver) side.
Want to try and mount some kind of a handlebar bag on the front if possible.
But I may have to flip that around if push comes to shove.

One will be mounted on a Summit Expert with the short Handlebar riser the other on the Gen 5 Summit X with the slightly taller riser.

Tall Riser = Front Mount
Short Riser = Rear Mount

Check out this thread

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
One additional accessory will be the TRAIL TECH VOYAGER GPS PRO units.
I ordered THREE of them to install on all of my sleds for some serious testing next season.
While I HOPE BRP gets the new software done and out the door for the big display by next season, I am HEDGING MY BET by installing these little babies in the meantime.

View attachment 402591

So, this is an aftermarket gizmo?

Does it work on it's own, or does it rely on your pocket computor?

Where would you mount sumpthing like this? Below the bars maybe?

How much is this?
And it would be plugged in all the time - right?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
So, this is an aftermarket gizmo?

Does it work on it's own, or does it rely on your pocket computor?

Where would you mount sumpthing like this? Below the bars maybe?

How much is this?
And it would be plugged in all the time - right?

google it and get the info direct from the company.

Premium Features