• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

McCall

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
yes, well below average. And the parking lots are a ZOO with all the out of state people coming there to ride and not understanding how to park. We need another 3 ft of snow before much off trail riding is safe. Alot of people bending and breaking things on stumps, rocks, and logs.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The out of staters in the lots are ridiculous. Locals can't even find a place to launch. And the snow if BEAT. I have never seen so many tracks. Bring your short track trail sleds, everything off trail is JUST like a trail. The groomers are trying to keep up on it, but expect 1-2 foot whoops on the way in, and 2-3 foot on the way back to the trucks.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Got some rain today, not much snow in the forecast. Never seen so many rocks on the groomed trail. Maybe next year. Wish I wouldn't have bought two new ones this year.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Rode Sunday, we turned back after 20 minutes, it was raining so hard. Top to bottom. The trail riding should be good if it clears up though, can't wait to go beat some bumps on the shorty!

Does anyone have an update on the conditions in McCall? I have heard the lower portions of the trail are terrible. How is it once you get a few miles out? It hasn't snowed much in the past couple weeks so I'm sure everything is tracked and hard but is there good coverage and enough snow to keep my sled from overheating?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Yah, its a rough season around here. Trails are rough, snow is half of last year. Still stumps and rocks sticking out that LOVE eating A-Arms. Need another 3 ft of snow before riding is good at all. If you are coming from out of town, dont waste your time. Head north (canada)!!

TecCrash

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2017
Middleton, ID
2/17/18 Headed North

We're going to head up in morning. It's been snowing today so hopefully it will be decent. I'll post how it was when we get back.

TecCrash

TecCrash

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2017
Middleton, ID
Just got back, was a very good day! Snow still way below average. We stopped at Tamarack to check it out to see if might be someplace to take the wives, had virgin groomed trails at 8:30 and ended up having a ball up on top, but watch out for stumps! Snow was 8-10" fluffy on top with 2-3" of ice crust and 18+" of soft below... Not a lot of riders, just a couple of big groups.

Decided to stop at Anderson creek on the way home, made a quick run into 4 Corners, the trail was pretty bumpy down low, but still a nice run into the warming hut and back.

Snowed hard all afternoon, maybe we will still have some riding this year. All in all, probably our best riding day of the year with the lack of snow.

When in doubt, throttle out ( Forgot that this morning )

TecCrash

B
Feb 11, 2018
Funny I was with Tec this weekend. Good times were had. Heres him on the mt. I've got a better pic if I can figure out how to get it from a text.

20180217_102647.jpg 20180217_104200.jpg

Premium Features