• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx 34” front end

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I wondered last year when all my friends picked up their 22 doos what the consensus would be on the doo 34” front end. They really liked it. Made me wonder how the matryx or axys would perform with a narrower front than the react 36”. Then I saw the T-Rex 34” matryx arms at hay days and said, “what the hell, I’ll give them a try and see”. Never really liked the heim joint arms, have had too many problems with them over the years, but these are the only 34” arms out that I know of. Mounted them on one of my two 850 khaos matryx sled and will get the two sleds out on the snow tomorrow and see.

31FD6708-E826-4656-B303-0832B5875531.jpeg 831FE38A-A5BE-4B40-824C-CDC44B2B0F0E.jpeg 32DC401C-BF8E-45CE-9C7C-BA4640B3A8F3.jpeg D4F51EE9-691A-48DB-B226-838E1401C9B8.jpeg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Matryx is insanely fun with 34 inch front end. Easier to throw around than an alpha set full narrow. Complete hoot in deep snow. Just remember anything that easy can go the other way on you. If you shift your weight wrong it will go the wrong way. Also ran it without swaybar. I liked it but the 36 ony kaos boost was easy and more forgiving. Let me know what you think.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Heres a pic of a stock matrix and our kit on the Axys Ours also lifts the sled

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 1.31.30 PM.jpg

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Well, after a day on the snow with the two 22’ khaos 155’s, one stock from, the other 34”. I’d have to say I really like the 34’s. It’s effortless to initiate getting it on one ski, like ridiculously easy. It takes a little to learn to not put into it the same effort as a stock front end cuz it’s easy to put in too much. It’s not for everyone though. Old guys like me, yes.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I wouldn't be surprised to see Polaris go to a 34". It would match the AXYS lifecycle. I still find the sled a bit too easy to override to make me want that but maybe that will change after another season

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I wouldn't be surprised to see Polaris go to a 34". It would match the AXYS lifecycle. I still find the sled a bit too easy to override to make me want that but maybe that will change after another season
It does take some getting used to coming off a stock react front end to not over ride it.

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
It does take some getting used to coming off a stock react front end to not over ride it.
I have a set of Ice Age Elevate spindles which has made the React front end more playful. It does raise the sled an inch in the front. Wonder if running this 34" front end and the IA spindles would be counter intuitive?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Idk, I have a set of 34” I’m thinking of putting on my boost. Also have a set of Iceage khaos spindles in the garage I may throw on to try. Honestly the 34” is so easy to lay over, I dont think there’d be much benefit from the taller spindle other than hound clearance. It may be too much

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
Idk, I have a set of 34” I’m thinking of putting on my boost. Also have a set of Iceage khaos spindles in the garage I may throw on to try. Honestly the 34” is so easy to lay over, I dont think there’d be much benefit from the taller spindle other than hound clearance. It may be too much
Yeah that is what I am thinking. My 165 Kaos with full Carl's revalved suspension done for my weight and the Ice Age Elevate spindles, makes my 165 Maytrx Kaos is as flixable/playful as my fully setup Burandt Free Flow front end 155 Ayxs. It's pretty impressive. But 34" on top of it may even make it better. Anything to help in super technical and not so quality snow conditions I am all about.

Tjtwenty

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2016
Yeah that is what I am thinking. My 165 Kaos with full Carl's revalved suspension done for my weight and the Ice Age Elevate spindles, makes my 165 Maytrx Kaos is as flixable/playful as my fully setup Burandt Free Flow front end 155 Ayxs. It's pretty impressive. But 34" on top of it may even make it better. Anything to help in super technical and not so quality snow conditions I am all about.
The barcode a arms are 34 in wide, raise the front end up 1 inch and move them forward an inch....still waiting for my sled to show up but excited to see how they perform

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
I've had a few days on the 34s (set the ski centered, so 35") .. with my elevate spindles and skid in the lower hole

Definitely need to re-learn how to ride this thing .. So far I'm on the fence a little ... more riding to be had soon, and more getting use to !!!

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Yup ours does both raise and narrow. For sure you can over ride it. But we look at it this way, that once you're used to it you're using less energy. Our shop shled is effortless to ride. Our initial goal years ago when we started. Was to make sure we had a sled that wes easier to ride in bad or set up snow. Everything is easy in 4FT or pow.

Cheers

Allan

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
It’s really easy to over ride. Much less effort is needed, mostly just lean alittle to the side and it goes. Depends a lot on snow conditions too.

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
Yup ours does both raise and narrow. For sure you can over ride it. But we look at it this way, that once you're used to it you're using less energy. Our shop shled is effortless to ride. Our initial goal years ago when we started. Was to make sure we had a sled that wes easier to ride in bad or set up snow. Everything is easy in 4FT or pow.

Cheers

Allan
Allan. So on my 22 Kaos Maytrx 165. I already have Ice Age Elevate spindles. Which I am sure you know raises your front end an inch. Which helps initiating putting sled on edge. With that and Carl's suspension revalve to my WE Velocity stock shocks and stiffer rear spring for my weight, my sled is pretty playful and rides shorter than a 165. I do like the idea of 34in front end. But raising another inch would prob effect geometry negatively. What is your input on that?

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Allan. So on my 22 Kaos Maytrx 165. I already have Ice Age Elevate spindles. Which I am sure you know raises your front end an inch. Which helps initiating putting sled on edge. With that and Carl's suspension revalve to my WE Velocity stock shocks and stiffer rear spring for my weight, my sled is pretty playful and rides shorter than a 165. I do like the idea of 34in front end. But raising another inch would prob effect geometry negatively. What is your input on that?
I have no personal experience with the Ice age spindles. Just what I see online and from other rider feedback. That being said. I would not recommend going too crazy with "lift" Its pretty simple stuff the more you go the more ski pressure you have. But to each their own.

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
It’s really easy to over ride. Much less effort is needed, mostly just lean alittle to the side and it goes. Depends a lot on snow conditions too.
Dude I love my 34's! mine are on my Axys but I'm swapping them to my Matryx. Like you said, getting used to it and overriding it was a nightmare for about a half a day, add alcohol to that equation and I was like man, idk if I like this. After getting used to it, I absolutely love them, not just for the ease of laying it over but being almost in line with the body of the sled now I know exactly where the outside of my ski is and its made me a significantly better tree rider. I'm here to second your opinion on anyone reading this chat and say DO IT 100% worth it!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The narrow front end is bad. If you do any kind of technical riding it makes the sled ride like a Doo ala unicycle. It burns way more of your energy, as way more rider input is needed to keep it from going the wrong way. How about you lazy old guys learn the technique of getting a sled on edge instead of turning your snowmobile into a snow hawk? You can ride so much faster and harder through stuff with a wider stance. I always rode skis in and after riding with them neutral at Burandt's and Caleb telling me I was a fool I went back to neutral on my sleds and it's leaps and bounds better. The engineers design them to work with the width they come in and there is just some stuff that mathematically works.

Premium Features