• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M Series Secondary Fitment

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
I need to replace the secondary on my daughters 07 M6. I assumed the secondary from any M would fit but there seems to be many different part numbers. What are the differences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
There was a change to the sheave diameter from 10" on the 05/06 to 10.4". Not sure if that was in 2007 or not until 2009 when mechanical reverse went away. Not sure if the mechanical reverse models are built different than other years in general as I never owned one of those. 10.4" sheaves are considered an upgrade over the 10", but I recommend changing the belly pan if you do the conversion to get enough clearance under it. I did on my M7 anyway. 10" vs 10.4" also takes a different belt and alignment bar to set the offset. Tape measure should give you a quick check on diameter of what you have currently.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
The 05 and 06 had the adjustable spring in the helix. That makes the helix different but they are still interchangeable. One thing i remember is to get some allen head bolts to replace the torx screws that hold in the helix. They have blue loctite on them also, using heat will help with removal. In 07 they used a 36 degree helix and the same spring on all the mountain machines so there is room for improvement.

Premium Features