• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking at a new sled

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
i was trying to sell my 2010 M8 (in pg where you are from) for 7000 and could not sell it, so i modded it and love it more than ever. look around you will find one.

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
2010 M8's are going for $8500 -$10000 NA and 11000-14000 turboed up here in canada finding one for $8000 is a great deal. I think your best best bet is waiting a year or two. Your going to be making a lot more money if your a second or third year apprentice. The 2010 is definitely worth the wait and the price if you can afford it. As for the dragon stay away from 2009-2010 polaris 800 for sure. Friend is a die hard polaris guy, has around 9 sleds in his family all polaris. Said you couldn't pay him to own one because it would just cost him money. 2011 and up 800 are a lot better not bullet proof but better.

That's crazy. You can get into a brand new 11 for less than 9000 down here. How much does it cost to get it across the boarder?

Dont know exactly how much it costs but its cheaper to drive down to the states and pick one up then buy in canada but then you dont get warranty. Its more just the time and hassle with customs that stops everyone from doing this. I have heard of some guys driving semi's down picking up sleds and selling them for a pretty good profit up here. Dont get me started on vehicle prices newer diesels go for 10000-15000 more than ones in the states. Since im on a little rant any accessories for my truck, sled or quad that are over $50 its usually cheaper getting it shipped from the states then buying up here and thats what i do. Takes longer but i usually save a lot of money.

Chris6060

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2009
Fort St. John, British Columbia
Yeah. Everything costs more up in Canada haha.

As for the guys saying don't bother with an older M7, if you find a good deal on one, and its in decent condition, save a bit of money, grab it up and put a few mods on it. The biggest thing an M7 needs in my opinion are suspension upgrades.

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
I will check kijjiji, that actually never occurred to me :doh:

I was talking to a buddy the other day about the states thiing, he said the amount you save from getting it down there you dont need warranty, b/c you'll have enough to buy a new friggin engine!

Im a 1st year apprentice currently, so not to much $ but the time will come soon

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
This one should show up soon cheap.

69431_10152302957550643_300756535_n.jpg

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
Id assume you mostly ride the torpy? Im going to pm you for a rip when I get a new sled :face-icon-small-coo

we just went last saturday to the torpy lots of fluff, no base but still lots of fun for the first ride : ya shoot me a pm. we ride alot out at the north fraser road as well. awesome stuff out there.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
10k for a '10 with 3000 miles. I will deliver this one to you for $8500 US, I could call it a vacation and do some sledding on the way. I'm sure there is a cheaper way though.

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
we just went last saturday to the torpy lots of fluff, no base but still lots of fun for the first ride : ya shoot me a pm. we ride alot out at the north fraser road as well. awesome stuff out there.

ive been to the seebach once last year with my cat, was fun. But i felt like I was constantly deadlifting 500lbs the day after....dam short tracks

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
10k for a '10 with 3000 miles. I will deliver this one to you for $8500 US, I could call it a vacation and do some sledding on the way. I'm sure there is a cheaper way though.

Youd do the trip just for me? lol I feel special :face-icon-small-hap. I think your right, about that. Thanks for the offer tho

And Ryan i pmd ya back

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
ya we went to the seabach last year to, not as much fun as where we unload at. seabach is alot further down the road driving wise and riding wise. i cant remember now which KM we unload at i think it may be called the barney? anyways thats where we like to ride alot :p seabach had alot of bumps and jumps arms were sore by the end of the day just from hanging on lol

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
ya we went to the seabach last year to, not as much fun as where we unload at. seabach is alot further down the road driving wise and riding wise. i cant remember now which KM we unload at i think it may be called the barney? anyways thats where we like to ride alot :p seabach had alot of bumps and jumps arms were sore by the end of the day just from hanging on lol

ya the 'whoops' arn't very fun, especially on a wedge chassis ahah. Not sure where we unloaded either but its by the that turn around where the road forks off in the opposite direction, and theres a big sign (i think it says something about logging?). Anywho, I wanna say its about an hour in but not to sure. I think we're going again on the 23, just to find a nice open spot and play around in it.

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
ya the sea bach is way back there like km49 or somthing. the place we ride is called the darby. (just rememberd it name lol) its about half the distance. and really nice to ride lots of stuff to play on on the way in. its awesome. cant wait to get more snow.

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
ya the sea bach is way back there like km49 or somthing. the place we ride is called the darby. (just rememberd it name lol) its about half the distance. and really nice to ride lots of stuff to play on on the way in. its awesome. cant wait to get more snow.

o ya and thats out on the north fraser road? We're getting it pretty heavy intown right now.....btw do you know any places that rent sleds intown besides redline and fps ?

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
found a couple 08 m1000s, one has 2700 kms the other has 1000 on rebuilt engine.....how are these sleds? Or do you guys think itd be to heavy for me?

Premium Features