• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GPS Embedded Maps Upgrade.

D
Dec 22, 2018
I finally figured out why my 2024 lynx keeps loosing GPS/Connection constantly. The "heated phone" compartment gets the phone TOO HOT, and the phone starts shutting down apps due to overheating. I'm gonna unplug that. but I cannot wait until I don't have to have my phone plugged in in the first place.

My friend had this problem last season, his heated bag overheated a lot and was replaced by warranty.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
How interesting.
Do you place your phone in the hold BARE or with a Protective Case on it?

I have NOT see ANY heating issues at all with my iPhone 14 Pro Max.
But I do place it in the holder with NO case on it.
Had a Peak designs case on it, though the screen may have been facing the heating element.

Galaxy s23.

That heating element works better than my grip heaters LOL.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK
Local Dealer says BRP is showing them as AVAILABLE to order with delivery date of JUNE 6th.
But there are NONE in a 5,000 mile radius of us!

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Mine came in in eastern canada, not sure if they are going to offer an update over wifi or is it something the dealer needs to do. Update probably wont be available until fall.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Local dealer contacted me this morning.
Brp sent a dealer communication about the gps module.
Says not to install them yet because there is an update they need done through buds.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Local dealer contacted me this morning.
Brp sent a dealer communication about the gps module.
Says not to install them yet because there is an update they need done through buds.
Is the update available now?

Premium Features