• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coolant problems....

F
Jan 25, 2011
Hey guys!

I have my coolant tank burping a little. It was not overfill and no warning light or overheating problems. Could it be a simple defect cap or head o'rings?
It's a M8 2011 3700 miles.

Thank's!

F
Jan 25, 2011
Mine is in plastic, i don't have ears but he's maybe warped or simply defect. I will try a new one......when the authority will let me go to my cabin! :(

J
Nov 28, 2020
I just fought a boiling coolant issue on my 11 m8. Turned out to be a big air bubble stuck in rear exchanger. Almost cost me the motor. Drive front onto steep snowbank. Remove cap and start machine. Slowly fill coolant until bubbles stop. Took my machine a couple cycles to get rid of air. I also added a overflow hose routed down towards brake rotor with a bolt plugging it so I can easily tell if coolant was boiling over. That coolant cap is a real pita to remove sometimes. Piss poor design IMO

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
If it's the head oring, you will see a film of oil and black in the reservoir. Likely cap if it is bubbling. Seems odd it would be an airlock or air bubble. Always check your exchangers to assure flow and heat removal to eliminate air lock concern.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
just lay it coolant tank up and can side down wait lay flat and do it again until it quits taking coolant. then start it and do it one more time. by laying it on the side it takes the coolant loop from horizontal to vertical and make the coolant tank the high point.

Premium Features