• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boosted #s between 800ho and 1000

T
Guys what's a typical boost and hp number for both the 800ho and the 1000? I have an 09 cfr1000 I was considering building a turbo system for but I've also been looking at picking up an early procross 800ho. Just looking for average boost and he's for both engines. I know the 1000 responds way better then the 800 to simple bolt ons.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
1000 on boost is insane but tuning with no det sensor can be tricky and expensive. I like them better than the 8 for bottom end response and crazy power on only 6-7 lbs. Not for the tuning challenged. 800 is alot more forgiving and less frustrating. 800 at 10 lbs is about 225-240 depending on kit and setup, M1000 at 10 lbs has been dyno'ed at 300 but realistically more like 280. I usually ran mine at 7 lbs and was smiles all day on 50/50 Av/premium.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I had a 08 M1k with a cpc RG kit and it was very happy at 8.5 and was crazy at 10 psi. As Spoon mentioned the 8 is way more forgiving. The crazy part was the primary would carry 94 G weights at 7550 rpm.

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
That's alot of weight) what would you think a safe boost psi would be on pump 93? Probably not much.
I ran up to 7-8 lbs on pump often but that was with the Boondocker 3 degree ignition module and an RK tech turbo head. Head no longer available and he was picky about who he would sell them to anyway. Most of the time I mixed in 20-50 % Av with premium because I would turn it up to 10 on occasion. Once I threw the Boondocker controller away and went with Attitude box it was mostly pull rope and go. Never could get the Boondocker controller to work with 1000 turbo consistently. 800s were easy. Never tried their newer versions after all the pistons and cylinders the first one cost me and very little help from Boondocker.

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Good to know. Is your 1000 a kit? What're you tuning it with?
My 1000s I had were a mix of kits as some of the early ones had good and bad features that I narrowed down to what worked for me. Usually used a mix of Boondocker and Twisted parts along with a few of my own of which some ended up on the last of the Twisted kits sold. Used Attitude boxes on most except for last one which I used Dakota Performance PCV kit. Building a Proclimb 1000 turbo right now and have the last new Attitude box coming from Derek this week. Has some features that were never on production boxes.

T
I ran up to 7-8 lbs on pump often but that was with the Boondocker 3 degree ignition module and an RK tech turbo head. Head no longer available and he was picky about who he would sell them to anyway. Most of the time I mixed in 20-50 % Av with premium because I would turn it up to 10 on occasion. Once I threw the Boondocker controller away and went with Attitude box it was mostly pull rope and go. Never could get the Boondocker controller to work with 1000 turbo consistently. 800s were easy. Never tried their newer versions after all the pistons and cylinders the first one cost me and very little help from Boondocker.
Good info. Which attitude box did you use? Any idea of turbo size? Something along the lines of a 3071 with a .82 AR on the turbine housing I think would work decent.

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Good info. Which attitude box did you use? Any idea of turbo size? Something along the lines of a 3071 with a .82 AR on the turbine housing I think would work decent.
Box was early 4 injector with integrated boost sensor and a slightly modified program by me. Turbo was a 3071 with .050 A/R compressor and .86 turbine with modified wastegate.

Last edited:
Premium Features