• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 dess key?

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Has anyone heard if the 22 skidoo”s will ever get the dess key put on them?

S
Mar 18, 2018
Local dealer tells me the DESS posts are on there way, just waiting for shipment- timeframe is another topic for discussion lol

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Two dealers I’ve been to have tried to order and get a response of no ETA….

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
That’s what two dealers told me ,no delivery date.Dave who can you contact to get a date?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
they are avaialble, call your dealer to get it in or at least order the part to get it done for ya.
Hell my dealer can’t even find the part number to try to order it. Dave can you supply me with a part number to give them?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Todays press release from BRP says to CONTACT YOUR DEALER for a limited number of available DESS for retro installation

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Watched a YouTube of a guy starting and running his Gen4 Summit using just a magnet in place of the DESS key. Will be trying this out on my next trip to the cabin. If it works I will be keeping a magnet in the sled as a spare key.

Anyone confirm if this works?

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
Watched a YouTube of a guy starting and running his Gen4 Summit using just a magnet in place of the DESS key. Will be trying this out on my next trip to the cabin. If it works I will be keeping a magnet in the sled as a spare key.

Anyone confirm if this works?

This works on all dess, even the old rubber boot style. It will only allow you to start the sled however, not drive it (with the exception of the 22's without the security portion activated). You'll get a "check/bad key" message along with no throttle response.
A magnetic switch in the post is what allows to machine to start and the RFID chip ( or metal contacts on old style) provides the security feature to get the "good key" message. You can see the little magnet inside the newer style key.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Yes it does,Three of my friends bought 22 expert turbo’s like I did and said I was crazy until I started all three and rode them around the parking lot.No security on these rigs and the same goes for the sea-doo’s I was told because they don’t have switches either. Norona said they where available,the two dealers i called in Medford Or.and Fresno Ca.said they hadn’t heard of any being released

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Link to such press release ?

This is from Doo's website:

• Missing Components: The supply chain situation is improving, which means more and more vehicles will arrive at dealerships without missing components.
    * RF D.E.S.S. Key: While the microchip supply chain situation slowly improves, we have a limited amount of RF D.E.S.S. posts for our 2022 and 2023 Ski-Doo vehicles. To restore all functionalities of the RF D.E.S.S. on your vehicle, please contact your dealer to schedule an appointment.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Dealers don't seem to be aware of this.They must be lost in the supply chain like the microchips.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Just talked to dealer in Medford Or. still hasn't gotten any DESS switch parts ,said some 23's are missing them also along with a bunch of last years sea-doo's

Premium Features