• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019-2020 Black Hills Conditions

S
Dec 2, 2007
Sergeant Bluff
1/25/20 Rode south of trails Head and found great untracked snow 3 foot deep (north of trail 8) . Trails Head seemed friendly enough and food and gas was inline with other trail stops. Julie was nice and the place was sparkling clean. Was staying at the gulch in Deadwood and the trail was groomed everyday.

maasyoak2

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2017
Keep it coming!!! How is the off trail riding, looking to head out in a couple weeks!!

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
30" on the snotel is great, some of the best snow I have ever ridden in the hills was last March when the snotel was 40". Once you get over 25" a lot of the stumps are covered. Unfortunately there are always some landmines.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Another 5-7 inches last night from Trailshead North. I blew quite a bit here at Hardy last night but did not seem to have been as windy to the North. The warm weather Saturday did not hurt much. The snow got a little sticky on top but remained powder after the temps dropped. I did notice a slight crust layer further North close to Big Hill bit it is hardly noticeable. Currently snowing lightly.

76crosscountrycat

Premium Member
Jan 3, 2011
We are planning to head up to Trailshead next weekend. What do you guys run for clutching. My stock Riot is setup for 0-5000' and our stock XF HC is set for 0-3000'. Just lookign for recommendations based on average terrain elevation in that area.

76crosscountrycat

Premium Member
Jan 3, 2011
Thanks, I do have another quick question. Might be off topic so feel free to boot it but does anyone know of a place in the Lead/Deadwood area that rents anything more than a trail sled? Maybe a Pro RMK or something similar.

Thanks

Arcticmatt

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
Looks like they are forecasted for more Thursday night. Looks like they are saying anywhere from 3 to 5 inches. Bring it! We will be out Thursday night and riding the weekend.

Storm47

Premium Member
Jan 26, 2010
Sauk Rapids, MN
Thanks for the updates! And keep the pics coming. Love to see what it is like out there. :p Save a little powder. Heading out over Pres. Weekend. Are they having the Gov. ride or any other big events we should watch out for??

longvalley

Premium Member
Dec 21, 2014
sounds like north of trailshead is good. has anyone been south (redbank springs, parmalee, six mile)

Premium Features