• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015-2016 Island Park / West Yellowstone Snow Reports

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I'll be there over Christmas. Hopefully this will be start of a good season in the west only takes a couple of big snows to make it change. I never used to chase the snow just pick a spot and go seems I rode better snow than trying to out guess Mother Nature.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
110a23fb40f3bfed2a1881ec76799f59.jpg

Snow was pretttyyyy good this weekend!!!! You missed a good ride Christopher!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Picked up about a foot over the weekend, saw the groomers hitting the trails today... I guess that makes it official:
Island Park is open for business We were supposed to see about 18" but hey, considering where we were two weeks ago, I'll call it a winner

S

sthelenssldnx

Dec 8, 2013
Island Park, ID
rode yesterday and almost never saw my hood...and that was just on and around red rock trail which typically sucks! Anyone thinking we are having a bad snow year is out of their mind. Nothing but more snow in the forecast too. I will say that anything under 7k feet still has landmines so be careful, I bounced over a couple boulders and tree stumps yesterday when in low elevation. 7K or higher though and you are mostly in good shape. It has been windy though so there are big drifts and some bare spots still in the open areas. All and all no reason not to go ride now unless you are a perfect powder bluebird princess. We all know one...

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
All and all no reason not to go ride now unless you are a perfect powder bluebird princess.

Even the Negative Nannies are going to mount up now!
Thanks for the post. Most encouraging. :face-icon-small-ton

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I will say that anything under 7k feet still has landmines so be careful, I bounced over a couple boulders and tree stumps yesterday when in low elevation

Think we were right behind you.... Found one of them landmines, gouged shin, swollen knee, and a little butt hurt but the sleds fine, gonna give Black Canyon a try tomorrow. Snow's reloading today, and forecast looks good for the week, though visibility up high will be a challenge...

IMG_0426.jpg

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
So I know I was negative but it seemed to work!!! Will be in west on the 26 thru the 31. I know this area really good and if anyone wants to tag along some day pm me.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
So I know I was negative but it seemed to work!!! Will be in west on the 26 thru the 31. I know this area really good and if anyone wants to tag along some day pm me.
Snowmobiling is closed there from December 26 thru January 2nd. We will start riding on January 3rd. They closed it just for us. :eyebrows:

Proride_58640

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2013
We will be staying at a cabin by Keg Springs parking lot, tend to be at ponds lodge every night with a rowdy bunch. Have fun riding and stay safe out there.

Proride_58640

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2013
Oh we will be getting there Dec. 27 and leaving Jan 2. If anyone wants to tell me a good way to get to lake Marie on the Jefferson side that would be great. I usually ride that side but have yet to make it to the lake.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Just returned from IP. Get above 7500' and pretty good riding, not too many landmines. Lower than that is sketchy. High elevations have a lot of snow for this time of year but not very well set up. Lots of bottomless snow, cruising along, carving, sidehilling and BAM, drop in the rabbit hole. All good, great potential, need cold temps to establish a base and then some great snow on top of it. Guardedly optimistic.

jjmyzrider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
Helena, MT
anybody been north of west? tepee cr, red canyon, carrot areas?

In Carrot on Sunday. Deep powder conditions with no base. Very high avalanche danger in the area, lots of cracking on the small slopes to the east of the basin. The trail in from 191 is one of the top 2 or 3 worse trails I have ever rode, can not get that groomer up and going soon enough for that place.

20151220_132556.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features