• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 white paint on plastic (1100t)

M
Jan 13, 2010
wasilla, alaska
Has anyone else had problems with the paint chipping off these sleds? The first day I picked up my sled last year I found a crack which turned out to be the paint chipping away. Now a year later the is paint coming off all over it. It's really bad where the plastic can flex or bend. I've tried to get my local dealer to warranty it but I've had no luck. They will also not warranty a bad weld (broken) on my front bumper. I'm wondering if others have the same issue or do I have a lemon?
:yo:

I
Oct 20, 2009
My late build 2012 M1100 Turbo Limited has side panels that are white plastic and they are still like new after 800 miles. I think the early ones had black panels that were painted white and those are the ones with paint chipping problems. On other forums I have heard that Arctic Cat was replacing the chipping panels under warrantee. Your dealer should go to bat for you on getting them replaced.

C
Jun 1, 2010
quesnel
yea i have a 12 1100t white and its chiping around the shocks and side panels..and its black under it..sure look like **** but nouthn a lil paint brush cant fix.

S

Snupe3

Jul 7, 2012
Our dealer is changing my dads hood parts via warranty. I would raise some **** or find a decent dealer

M
Jan 13, 2010
wasilla, alaska
I'm not going bash dealers on here yet but I am very limited as to where I can go in my state. I would use a paint brush but these sleds aren't cheap anymore! I don't believe something like a limited edition paint job should fall off. HAHA!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I'm not going bash dealers on here yet but I am very limited as to where I can go in my state. I would use a paint brush but these sleds aren't cheap anymore! I don't believe something like a limited edition paint job should fall off. HAHA!!!!!

I would have a heart to heart with the dealer and let them know your expectations about the panels being replaced under warranty. If you do that and action is not taken feel free to contact Arctic Cat directly and I am sure they will help you out.

W
Aug 28, 2012
Riverton, WY
And to go with that, If you go that route, you will have to get two jugs. The white basecoat and the metallic color to go on top of the white. I just got my metallic coat which does no good without the basecoat.

Premium Features