• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M6 EFI Stumbles

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
So my daughters 07 M6 really stumbles when starting out. I wouldn’t say it bogs out, just kinda stumbles. I assumed belt deflection but that didn’t fix it. Things I have tried. Cleaned up both the primary and secondary. New primary spring with glide washers. New belt and adjusted the deflection and alignment. Should also mention once she gets into some RPM the sled runs like a top. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
How many miles? Guessing worn clutches. Secondary hub is probably done. Also check apv cables. Could be hanging valve in hi port & cause low end bog. Valve cables should pull ez by hand & snap back when released. Make sure free cable ends are adjusted the same length.

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
How many miles? Guessing worn clutches. Secondary hub is probably done. Also check apv cables. Could be hanging valve in hi port & cause low end bog. Valve cables should pull ez by hand & snap back when released. Make sure free cable ends are adjusted the same length.

About 2300 miles. APV cables should be ok. One didn’t pull smoothly when I bought the sled last spring. Changed it out and adjusted both.

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada

What tell tale signs am I looking for while disassembling her secondary?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
It's not particularly fun. Tight space to get the throttle bodies out and there's coolant running through them. Can't remember if you have to unhook one of those hoses or not.

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
What am I looking for? They look fine to me?
9dcd9c0a80239412d6bda0f3b89120f9.jpg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Cracked or chipped petals on the edges. Or if the petals aren't making contact with the cage or have low tension and not sealing well against it. Should make a crisp snappy sound against the cage if you lift a corner with a fingernail and let it go.

Premium Features