• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's thinking snow

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
lol, I suppose I could do that, was going to wait for some daylight so I can see what I am doing - since it is dark by the time I get home from work anyway. Her sled is a bit tipsy and doesnt want to turn very easily, so I just need to make the suspension softer I think, and take a look at the limiter strap and see where it is set. The previous owner of the phazer had it set to the hardest setting on the front shocks.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Head lamp, LOL. Had to do the same with my sons and my wifes. Made the front softer and ajusted the rear for there weights. and sucked the limter strap up. My wife was alot happier, see could turn it. My son has gone the other way now. This yr went back to a more aggresive ride, he will be riding circles around me in another yr. or so.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
That is one thing that is nice about the fox floats on my nytro. If I dont like how it is riding, I can just break out that air pump and change it. I may consider upgrading her phazer to fox floats (if its even possible) next season, depending on how she likes it after making the adjustments to it as it is. The Fox float project might wait though, I already have a quote from outlaw for an installed MPI turbo for my nytro, just have to decide if $4400 for the turbo and install will be worth it. That will be a next season thing if anything though.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I hear ya, I just picked mine up, waiting now for the 900 to get done to drop it in. but I have a ton of money in it now. I just was going through it (HOLLY ****), so I might wait tell next yr. also. that and I don't think it will be done untill Fed. so I might as well wait..

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
I figure this winter I can try out the Nytro stock and see how I do with it (I am novice at best for sledding), but my uncle has the same sled as me but with the MPI 180hp turbo on it, and he said he would let me ride it this winter to see how I liked my sled but with boost. It will be nice to try it out and see if I really need that kind of power on the nytro before shelling out the money.

I got a new project for my sled for Saturday now too, I picked up a roll over valve and thether for mine to install, probably should have had that since day 1, but I have only been putting in break in miles on mine the risk of rolling it over and running it upside down have been minimal.

How much extra power does the 900 give you over the stock 800 engine?

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I must say aftermarket shocks are about the best mod a guy can get for the dollar. I went with all new fox on my pro this yr. Always did the front, but I went ahead and did the read this yr. becuase of the new pro rear skid. (they copyed Holtz alpha X ) so is should be top of the line suspention this yr. The first coplete set up I have ever done. The 900 will be pushing about 185. pump gas. In a 450 LBS sled (dry). YEEEE HAAAAA !! should be unreal. I have some super goodies on it know, so I will have to wait and see how it performs. I think it will be out and out awsome just the way it is!! Can't wait to get it on the snow and get it broke in. Then I can really see what I have. Nathen has the same sled just a little more on the mild side. It will be a good control for our sleds.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
yeah, I love that my Nytro has fox floats on the front, center, and rear. I have it now right where I like it too, and it rides perfect for me. I might just have to do that for the phazer, unless she out grows it and we end up trading it in or something.

That's pretty impressive doing 185 with a 450lb sled. One thing that makes me want to go ahead and pay up for a turbo is that it is not all that expensive to upgrade the 180 kit to the 240hp kit, something like $1500 is what I was quoted. I definitely don't want 240 anytime soon though, that just sounds like a good way to kill myself at this point.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I under stand that, and the bad thing is that around here we don't have 240 horse mts. With 240 there is nothing that you could not climb. the only thing I see with the 240 is that it helps you with the weight of your sled because they are a little bit heavy..

Premium Features