• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twisted turbo 09 m8 spools then bogs

S
Jan 29, 2018
So I’m new to the turbo sleds but my buddy past away from cancer and his parents gave me his twisted turbo 2009 m8

it has been set to 5 pounds Of boost and runs none ethanol 91 fuel ore mix 40:1!
at idle my afr are 14.7 to 15:5 then when at full boost it goes from 11-12

when riding the sled if I gun it the turbo spools then bogs and falls ok it’s face and runs like **** I’m tuning a boondocker fuel control box then I just hooked up but i don’t no where to start with tuning plugs are burning good a light brown any help please

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
Does it use a variable rate fuel pressure regulator? Could be sticking , causing it to starve for fuel under boost.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Does it use a variable rate fuel pressure regulator? Could be sticking , causing it to starve for fuel under boost.

If that was the case his spark plugs would be white.
His spark plugs would loosen off after too much detonation just before it melts down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A
Jan 25, 2010
If it falls on its face you are loosing fuel. Check your injectors, regulator and fuel pump inlet. If it’s been setting that could be your issue.
Just fixed mine from doing the same thing.

I agree with the regulator also. It’s running out of fuel!

Premium Features