• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 starting help

P
Nov 14, 2020
I'm having issues with my 05 m7. I have gone through literally everything and can't figure out why its almost impossible to start.
Here's what I've done so far
Servo checked and is good
Gas is fresh, old gas completely flushed out
Throttle body is clean and tight
Fuel pump recives voltage and builds 40psi
Injectors squirter fuel and gets into cylinders
Ecu tested fine on sister sled
Reeds look immaculate
Wiring harness plugged or unplugged both was tested
Tss deleted
Compression to spec
Oil pump connecteror leaned out 2 turns out
Gets blue spark every rotation
Brake light unplugged
Now it gets spark all the time. The only way I get it started is putting brand new plugs in and dumping starter fluid into cylinder to get it started. Once running it will run excellent 8krpm
Idles at 1800, doesn't bog, doesn't have any cel. Runs awesome. I shut it off and no matter how much you pull, or clear it out it will not start unless I take plugs, tilt it, clear it and put BRAND NEW plugs with starter fluid. And even then it won't start everytime I do that its a hit or miss. Already wend through a brand new recoil cause I've pulled it 2k times in one day. Once it runs it runs awesome. I just can't seem to get it started

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Getting too much fuel?

Is spark as strong as sister sled?

Maybe spark is weak which makes starting hard. Starting fluid and new plugs are enough to get it going then engine is running and voltage is stronger?

I have no idea, just throwing ideas out there.

P
Nov 14, 2020
that sounds about right, im just thinking the sparks are blue and bright even when its supposedly fouled or flooded, take em out and they spark just like the new ones do. i think you may be right i have orderd a new coils and iso a voltage regulator now, everything i have tested that gets voltage is always above 14v when i pull it so i dont want to call the stator yet.

G
Oct 15, 2009
Sutherlin OR
Anyone know the ohms for m7 stator?
This should work
d0c55cf25b734c8f42516b9e5ef6e9d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Premium Features