• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets play where did this come from?

C
Dec 27, 2007
Fished this out from under motor today after hearing something rattle around. Its magnetic...covered in black gook. Lil chewed up from something on end...possibly broken?
Anyone recognize this from a 4th gen? (this is my 22 boondocker)
I spotted one similar bolt on stator side of engine but without digging in farther I could only see that one.

thumbnail.jpg thumbnail (2).jpg

C
Dec 27, 2007
Think I figured it out. Was looking at schematic and saw these bolts used in stator area as well as power valve.
PV looked fine so popped the recoil cover off. Sure enough...one of the housing bolts is mia.
Got lucky it didnt trash my stator!
No way to get busted bit out without major surgery. Put a dab of silicone on hole so it cant vibrate out.
Maybe fix it this summer. For now I think itll be ok.

thumbnail (3).jpg

hushpuff

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
I'd say loctite any bolts in that area and maybe even "right stuff" the bolt heads too... My G4 has been in the shop for almost two full seasons due to improper initial diagnosis and eternal parts backorder (stator). Parts are finally in now and I asked them to loctite everything. Hope I get another day to give it a shakedown before the end of the season and this saga is over.

C
Dec 27, 2007
The bolts snapped off. So must of been over torqued in finland? Not sure how else that would happen. Sucks to hear you have not been able to ride yours. I have had a ski rubber on order for months now still not in stock for the lynx. Summit ones are a little different but work in a pinch. I HATE not being able to order parts online for it also.

Premium Features