• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ecu code 17 (pipe sensor)

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
the pipe temp sensor is a themistoor and not a thermocouple.....so it wont last very long on good leaded fuel, you can keep giving CAT $100 everytime this thing goes bad or simply bypass it as many have done with great results. But, you need to understand that bypassing this sensor with a resistors tricks the sled into thinking its running hotter (heat soaked).....so, it could be easy to cold seize the sled if you dont let it idle for a few seconds before you hammer down the throttle, im safe and let it idle for 30 secs before i even move the sled, then let her idle for a minute or so as you whould do with any stock of non-stock sled

anywho, go to radio shack and buy some 470 resistors, remove the bad sensor and add the resisitor, no a resistor doe not have poliarity:rolleyes::beer;

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Well finally wired in a simple check engine light for my sled and sure enough code 17. I wonder how long I have fought this problem. Anyways has anyone come up with a solution other than a resistor?

Premium Features