• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt is a Sqweeling

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA
I purchased a used Team Tied clutch with less than 300 miles on it and installed it on my 2012 Polaris Pro Rmk 800. I made all adjustments including alignment with the drive clutch. I notice that when I stop at idle the belt will squeel. Am I missing a step somewhere? Is there an adjustment on the team tied driven clutch? Any info would help.

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Smidge too tight, use the adjustment on the secondary to open it and give you just a bit more deflection.

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
Just remember the Tied clutch has TWO adjusters. You need to ensure they are screwed out/in the same amount, meaning they stick out the same amount.

Exactly.

I just put a Team Tied on my sled. IndyDan has a good set of instructions on how to set belt deflection. I'll summarize it here:

1. Lift rear of sled off the ground (sled stand). Start the sled and engage the clutches so the track spins a few times. Turn off the sled.

2. Back out one of the belt deflection adjusters or remove the set screw bolt and lock nut (initially using one adjuster for setting the belt deflection). If you just back it out, use a Sharpie to mark the other one that is still screwed in. That will be the one you will be doing your main adjustment with.

3. Start sled and engage the clutches so track spins. Does the track keep spinning or does it stop when it comes back to idle? Turn off sled. Stops = goto step 4. Spins = goto step 5.

4. If it stops, back out (counterclockwise) the "X" marked belt adjustment screw 1/2 turn using an allen wrench/open end wrench for lock nut. Secure lock nut into place. Start sled and engage the clutches. Does the track stop or spin when it comes back to idle? If stopped, repeat step #4 until its on the edge of creeping but still stopped. Goto step 6.

5. If the track spins, turn in (clockwise) the "X" marked belt adjustment 1/2 turn using an allen wrench/open end wrench for lock nut. Secure lock nut into place. Start sled and engage the clutches. Does the track stop or spin when it comes back to idle. If it spins, repeat step #5 until its on the edge of creeping but still stopped. Goto step 6.

6. With the belt deflection set on the first screw and the track on the edge of creeping/stopped at idle, you can now install and set the second belt deflection adjuster. Turn sled off. Install the second belt adjuster bolt and lock nut until it makes contact but doesn't move the clutch sheave outwards. Secure second belt deflection adjuster. The two belt deflection adjusters should be equally set at this point.

7. You should do this as often as you can to get the most out of your sled, especially when putting on a new belt.

I'm sure IndyDan said it better in his instructions but you get the idea. Clutch alignment and clutch cleanliness is also important.

I have yet to test my Team Tied setup, still waiting for decent snow after the rain showers last weekend. :face-icon-small-dis

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
my team sec only has 1 adj allen with a jam nut on it. It has the threaded hole for belt removal opposite of the adj screw. 4 years old. doo splined sec. That is how i set mine, barely spinning track.

You may have a Team secondary, but the Tied has to adjusters on it that have to be dealt with.

Premium Features