• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 M8000 Won't Start

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
My 2014 M8000 has been stored in an enclosed trailer for two weeks. It ran great on the last ride. I started it up and it seemed to be running rich then died as if i shut it off. I checked all of the electrical connections they look good and dry. My sled is stock with low miles (850). When I pull the starter it acts as if there is no electrical at all. Dash or headlamps do not flicker. One time it restarted and acted like it was running rich or on one cylinder then died like it was shut off. Any suggestions or common problems to look for? Thanks

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
*sigh*

Pull a plug and check it out, and while it's out check for spark.

I'm going to guess you have spark and the plugs are dry. Unless you ran it hot back to the trailer, then they'll be completely soaked.

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
*sigh*

Pull a plug and check it out, and while it's out check for spark.

I'm going to guess you have spark and the plugs are dry. Unless you ran it hot back to the trailer, then they'll be completely soaked.
Today this problem happened after it has sat for two weeks and started cold. 32 degrees

C
Jan 14, 2012
Probably flooded. Hit kill switch, remove spark plugs, hold throttle wide open (computer won’t give motor fuel) pull and pull to clean out motor. Replace spark plugs with new, reset kill switch and hope for the best.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Today this problem happened after it has sat for two weeks and started cold. 32 degrees

I read your post. They will still heat soak after riding and parking. And they will still dump fuel to cool off if that last ride was hot at the end of it.

Just pull your plugs and see what's up.

Last edited:

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Yes I have had the issue solved. I took my snowmobile to Edge Powersports my local Arctic Cat Dealer. They cleaned my fuel injectors and now my snowmobile starts easier and runs better than before. Yesterday was the first time that I rode it since it was repaired.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Yes I have had the issue solved. I took my snowmobile to Edge Powersports my local Arctic Cat Dealer. They cleaned my fuel injectors and now my snowmobile starts easier and runs better than before. Yesterday was the first time that I rode it since it was repaired.

Did they remove them and do a full soak or just run cleaner through with some gas?

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Update. My snowmobile ran great for a day and 1/2. It was running fine then it bogged down and shut off like I hit the kill switch. I have pulled the ripcord countless times. Engine popped twice now nothing. After the first fix it was running better than it ever did. Now its back to the dealer to see what happened.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Update. My snowmobile ran great for a day and 1/2. It was running fine then it bogged down and shut off like I hit the kill switch. I have pulled the ripcord countless times. Engine popped twice now nothing. After the first fix it was running better than it ever did. Now its back to the dealer to see what happened.
Did u hold the throttle wide open and pull?

Sent it

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
You know what I'm going to say........;)

So check your plugs but also try this just to check electrical:
Pull the cord with the lights off or outside in the dark and look at your gauge. It's tough to see the illumination but you might notice some very slight lighting on the needle when you pull the handle. If nothing at all in the dark, you've got something electrical going on.

Premium Features